Lens Flair

Amadeus

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pleasure! Thanks for the compliment.

I never imagined I would ever get so much enjoyment from this as I do - I just hope the enthusiasm continues.

I don't get much time at all to get out taking pictures unfortunately, but maybe that's a good thing in one respect as it keeps me wanting to get out doing it.

Added a couple of extra ones I forgot about.

I know what you mean Cret, problem seems to be when you do have the chance to get out the light never seems to look half as good as it does when your stuck in work !

Heres a nosey resident of Cregneash. Shame about the wire cutting across, I may have a go on photoshop to remove it.

5390900137_74822bfa8c.jpg

ETA:

That was easier than I thought !

5402718004_797873214e.jpg

I do love that pic mate - it's ace. :)

The clone & content aware tools etc do wonderful things in terms of getting rid of crappy bits in your pics. Clever stuff!

Yep though, you're absolutely right. I can see the sunset out of my window at work and it always seems to be great when I'm stuck in there. Get to the weekend though and it always seems to be shoyte. Either that or I can't get out snapping for one reason or another.

I must try harder to get the wife & kids into it as well.... :lol:

Thanks very much. Appreciate the comment. :)

...do you have a public gallery so we can see your other stuff?

Only just noticed this bit sorry mate. I set up a basic Clikpic site a short while ago, although it's limited what I've got on there and they're only in a small size.

My humble photography site - www.iomscapes.com

There's a few pics on there now that I think I'll remove as I've gone off them, and I have some others to add. I suppose that's how it goes since I'm quite new to this stuff, ie that I get a better grasp of why some pics I liked at one point actually aren't that great looking back!

Hopefully in due course it'll have a bit more of interest on there, but I wanted to just get something online so I can at least give a link to people instead of photobucket links etc.

If I remember then I'm happy to, but generally I tend to use an aperture of F13-16 for landscapes (usually 13, but maybe 16 or even higher if there's something significant very close to the camera), iso as low as I can do so generally 50 or 100, and then the shutter speed to suit the rest as a rule of thumb.

I'll always use either Aperture priority or Manual mode for landscapes, and tend to use a soft grad ND filter of one strength or another to balance the ground/sky exposure slightly better.

Then in photoshop I'll tweak the odd thing here & there in camera raw like a little more contrast and possibly a bit more saturation (sometimes less instead), as well as geometric correction for whatever lens I'm using (commonly the 17-40L F4).

Hope that helps!

If I remember then I'm happy to, but generally I tend to use an aperture of F13-16 for landscapes (usually 13, but maybe 16 or even higher if there's something significant very close to the camera), iso as low as I can do so generally 50 or 100, and then the shutter speed to suit the rest as a rule of thumb.

I'll always use either Aperture priority or Manual mode for landscapes, and tend to use a soft grad ND filter of one strength or another to balance the ground/sky exposure slightly better.

Then in photoshop I'll tweak the odd thing here & there in camera raw like a little more contrast and possibly a bit more saturation (sometimes less instead), as well as geometric correction for whatever lens I'm using (commonly the 17-40L F4).

Hope that helps!

That's really helpful for me. I've recently purchased a Canon 450 so I have started to do some snapping. Nothing brilliant but the fact I enjoy it is the main part for me. However, didn't realise it could all be so technical so your post here is great as I can understand it!

Has anyone ever done some of the evening classes at the colleage for photography? Are they any good?

Has anyone ever done some of the evening classes at the colleage for photography? Are they any good?

I started one on using Photoshop - it was rubbish. After a couple of weeks almost everyone who had started on the course had left. The guy taking the course didn't have a clue and couldn't even work the PC.

Luckily, the college refunded the cost.

Archived