Lens Flair

Amadeus

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's interesting as that pic wasn't one I'd seen via other people having done pics there etc. Can see from your slide that it must have been taken from either up in a house, or the main road past the Bay View or something like that rather than down on the shore.

Love your photos Cret, I don't think there's a bad one among them. Bastard.

Awwww thanks. :D

Not often I get complimented like that. And thanks for saying the pics are good too.

That's interesting as that pic wasn't one I'd seen via other people having done pics there etc. Can see from your slide that it must have been taken from either up in a house, or the main road past the Bay View or something like that rather than down on the shore.

I've always taken it to have been taken from the bedroom window of the Police station, over the top of the little shoe shop (Miss Newton's), which I think had a lower roof than the house to the right (Mrs Clemenson ?) with the chimneypots you can see

From google maps satellite view and the line-up of the breakwater and the inner pier lighthouse lines up that way anyway.

Dad had a Kodak 620, pull out bellows, the film was Dufaycolor

Ahh - you've give it much more consideration then I have then, I was just guesstimating, based on what I'd expect to be above where I was. Thinking about it, I was 50-100 yards towards the port from the Carrick, so I think you're about right there. :)

I don't know much about proper old cameras I'm afraid. Am kind of a heathen really I suppose.

I do have a Shew one of my Grandmother's though which is from 1906 or something though, which is a bellows one made of wood & aluminium & brass, with a Bausch & Lombe shutter (or something like that!).

Cheers bud. Really want to redo one of those to try and get the full sun right behind the lighthouse as the weather is meant to be good this week, just not sure if I can arrange it to get down there after work in good time.

And ideally I'd have a 1.4x or 2x thingy for my 70-200, but never mind.

Well, I tried again just 48 hours later and the sun had already moved way further round, so that I couldn't do the shot I wanted. Guess from that spot at least it's a one day a year chance! :blink:

Here's what I got tonight:

ChickenSunset1.jpg

ScarlettRocks2.jpg

ChickensSunset2.jpg

ChickensSunset3.jpg

A good Friend took this on with a brand new compact camera having unboxed it just 20 mins earlier quoting she did not have a clue what any of the setting were, just a lucky shot on a cold winters morning i suppose.... and now with added tiltshift :huh:

post-1039-0-66887900-1299054993_thumb.jpg

post-1039-0-04345200-1299055015_thumb.jpg

I was going to have a play at that stuff but I've realised most of my stuff (landscapes) isn't really suitable.

Bah. So in the meantime, here's tonight's sunset instead. These are actually untouched off the camera apart from cropping of the image. They're underexposures to get the sun like this, hence the darkness to them.

Sunset030311-4w.jpg

Sunset030311-3.jpg

Sunset030311-p.jpg

Archived