Lens Flair

Amadeus

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is a Picture taken in Colby glen yesterday :)

post-12795-0-08077500-1305130996_thumb.jpg

Speckled Wood, nice shot Matt.

They were virtually unheard of on the IOM as recent;y as 5 years ago - they're everywhere now!

What gear you using?

Spent a pleasant couple of hours in Milntown Garden this afternoon - not really my cup-of-tea but actually enjoyed it (especially the reward afterwards...)

5716174657_16b7c30f98_z.jpg

Gunnera Leaf by CJWormwell, on Flickr

5716171581_3732f39f5d_z.jpg

Copper Maple by CJWormwell, on Flickr

5716169459_c84ff5674f_z.jpg

Waterwheel by CJWormwell, on Flickr

5716166505_9b7818448e_z.jpg

Diamonds amongst emerald by CJWormwell, on Flickr

5716164609_323c699a43_z.jpg

Bee by CJWormwell, on Flickr

5716176353_3ff738eb19_z.jpg

Old Speckled Hen in The Traff by CJWormwell, on Flickr

Waterwheel one doesn't do it for me mate, but the ones with the bee and the water droplets are superb.

Makes me want to get a macro lens seeing stuff like that.

My bank account disagrees though.

Waterwheel one doesn't do it for me mate, but the ones with the bee and the water droplets are superb.

Makes me want to get a macro lens seeing stuff like that.

My bank account disagrees though.

Cheers Jim. I tried to make the waterwheel look interesting with some "bleach by-pass" but it hasn't worked has it :(

Forget a macro lens mate - they were taken using my old favourite Sigma 24-70 EX-DG with an EF12 extension tube (I think the EF12 MkII are "only" about £75).

Just me mate - other people may well love it. It's all subjective isn't it! :)

That's great results for an extension tube - will have to get one when funds permit.

I'm wondering if one of those on my F1.4 50mm lens would be a decentish 'ghetto' version of the F2.8 100mm L Macro, or something.

I bought an 1.4x teleconverter recently and have been impressed with that so maybe an extension tube to sort of do the opposite might be next on the list.

Bit easier than finding £600 or so for that 100mm macro!

Do you use a proper macro lens at all or just the extension on your sigma? Very impressive results all things considered.

Do you use a proper macro lens at all or just the extension on your sigma? Very impressive results all things considered.

I only have 2 lenses (bit of a pauper!) the 500 f4 and the Sigma. I do also have a 1.4t/c and the extension tubes but that's it.

If you want to borrow the EX12 for a weekend to play with it, give me a shout.

Very kind of you, thanks for the offer :)

Looking at the results it can do when used right though I think the pictures speak for themselves!

They're good lenses you have anyway. I doubt that 500mm one is a pauper lens somehow.... :o

Archived