Lens Flair

Amadeus

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Love the ringed plover one Chris, it's great to see lots of them skimming over the sea edge at the moment.

Cheers Risso, they're great birds aren't they.

A pair have laid their eggs right next to one of the vehicle tracks up at the Point and every time a vehicle drives down, the female has to leave the eggs. Not to mention every time a dog walker and their charges walk past. I was up there for no more than an hour yesterday and she got disturbed at least 6 times by dogs (off the lead). But what can you do? I'm sure the dog walkers were completely unaware of the presence of the nest but all they have to do is keep to the short turf and it would increase their chances of success a whole lot.

Love the ringed plover one Chris, it's great to see lots of them skimming over the sea edge at the moment.

Cheers Risso, they're great birds aren't they.

A pair have laid their eggs right next to one of the vehicle tracks up at the Point and every time a vehicle drives down, the female has to leave the eggs. Not to mention every time a dog walker and their charges walk past. I was up there for no more than an hour yesterday and she got disturbed at least 6 times by dogs (off the lead). But what can you do? I'm sure the dog walkers were completely unaware of the presence of the nest but all they have to do is keep to the short turf and it would increase their chances of success a whole lot.

I've got two dogs myself Chris, and it's clearly signposted that dogs have to be kept on their leads during breeding season. I just don't bother taking them there at this time of the year, there are plenty of other spots for walking dogs in the north.

If you ever fancy somebody tagging along when you're up at the Ayres, feel free to drop me a line, as I love it up there.

If you ever fancy somebody tagging along when you're up at the Ayres, feel free to drop me a line, as I love it up there.

That'd be fine - as long as you promise to keep the Nikon out of sight... :D

you want to watch some of the paths around there, it could be the last we hear of you !

& 10,000 years later you end up in the Manx Museum.

Archived