Lens Flair

Amadeus

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks fantastic!

One word : How?

There's loads of free apps, actions for photoshop and other software to get that vintage look.

Open photo >> click effect >> voila!

http://webdesignledger.com/freebies/80-photoshop-actions-for-giving-your-pictures-a-vintage-look

Or you can do it yourself by adjusting the saturation, structure and contrast.

Looks fantastic!

There's loads of free apps, actions for photoshop and other software to get that vintage look.

http://webdesignledger.com/freebies/80-photoshop-actions-for-giving-your-pictures-a-vintage-look

Shhh! Don't give all the secrets away! ;)

In the case of that pic further up, the process was something like

Take snap as RAW file

'Develop' five copies at different exposures

Combine the five into one using an HDR program (High Dynamic Range)

A few more adjustments - sharpen, etc

Slap on Vintage filter

Save as jpg

Done

Just fooling around, really. :)

Looks fantastic!

Shhh! Don't give all the secrets away! ;)

In the case of that pic further up, the process was something like

Take snap as RAW file

'Develop' five copies at different exposures

Combine the five into one using an HDR program (High Dynamic Range)

A few more adjustments - sharpen, etc

Slap on Vintage filter

Save as jpg

Done

Just fooling around, really. :)

no need for all that fussing about, just alter the clock on your camera back 60 years !

and let your cows wander about on the TT course (outside Bishopscourt) :lol:

(when cows were allowed to have horns !)

post-1026-0-12530800-1309628258_thumb.jpg

Cool, that's a bizarre looking thing. I've never seen one either.

Yayyy! Nature is brill, it's not such an oddity after all. Earwig has grown out of old skin and has shed it and it will take a few days for the new one to toughen up.

Sadly embeds aren't working so marvel an Earwig strip here

Enjoyed looking this up with my boy though. I've learned something today. Woohoo!

• 2 weeks later...

Trying to get practise at doing sports shots lately so I did some at the Southern 100.

I got a kazillion really sharp pics but mostly bland, uninteresting ones. The ones where the action was good were really tricky (for me) for various reasons so here are the ones which stood out (not gone through them all yet at all) as being "interesting" and more or less ok (if not great) quality:

IMG_2845.jpg

A lot of these guys were getting decent wheelies out of Ballanorris farm. The press photographers had the best spots for this and there were loads of them so I had to get closer than I wanted. The camera could not focus fast enough being so close to where the bikes appeared round the corner, so I had to manual focus on a particular spot then try to snap the same spot. Very hard to get it just right and at F2.8 anything less than the exact spot means out of focus shots. These aren't perfect at all (and the shutter speed was too fast so no wheel blur) but I'm new to this:

IMG_2607.jpg

IMG_2624.jpg

Fave so far. This guy has a real determined look on him. I wonder if he knows how close the other two blokes are....

IMG_2372.jpg

You'll have to excuse this one. As a photo it's not very good as the bike is poorly positioned. I had to include it though because of what's going on with the bike. This bike is braking so hard for the approaching hairpin that he's pulling a stoppie! Check the air under the rear wheel which has lifted. Had one with a bigger lift but it was blurry:

IMG_2225Stoppie1.jpg

Great to watch, and great to try getting some decent pics. Not quite there yet but it's fun trying!

The camera could not focus fast enough being so close to where the bikes appeared round the corner, so I had to manual focus on a particular spot then try to snap the same spot. Very hard to get it just right and at F2.8 anything less than the exact spot means out of focus shots. These aren't perfect at all (and the shutter speed was too fast so no wheel blur) but I'm new to this:

there was a chap who was interviewed (on tv ?) at Braddan Bridge some time ago and he told how he got amazing shots from unusual places, how he had a remote shutter release and just set up the camera in position and focused on the road, and from a safe distance just pressed the button when the bike was on the right spot !

Archived