Lens Flair

Amadeus

The top one looks like you've gone a bit OTT with the de-noise. Is this a crop from the original file? Anyway, you've lost all your contrast and detail. The girl looks like she's having a sneaky outside toilet break, again.

The second shot is technically OK, but it's very cliched and a bit dull.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cheers TF - I had to really work the RAW file of the B&W one to get anything from the image - not my best shot by any stretch of the imagination.

Unfortunately I couldn't post the best shots from these particular shoots on MF ;)

The top one looks like you've gone a bit OTT with the de-noise. Is this a crop from the original file? Anyway, you've lost all your contrast and detail. The girl looks like she's having a sneaky outside toilet break, again.

The second shot is technically OK, but it's very cliched and a bit dull.

You really are a twat.

You asked for somebody ('perhaps a student') to photograph your sisters band, so in one case you're happing with 'average' photos but since then you've stated criticising other peoples work. The very people who post photographs in this thread would be considered "student" or "semi-pro" and haven't been doing it for that long compared to others, If you're looking for flawless professional photos all in one thread you won't find them here.

So are you going to post up some of your fantastic prize winning photos?

You really are a twat.

You asked for somebody ('perhaps a student') to photograph your sisters band, so in one case you're happing with 'average' photos but since then you've stated criticising other peoples work. The very people who post photographs in this thread would be considered "student" or "semi-pro" and haven't been doing it for that long compared to others, If you're looking for flawless professional photos all in one thread you won't find them here.

So are you going to post up some of your fantastic prize winning photos?

Just ignore him/she/it - that's what we've decided to do.

Couple of images from tonight of an unexpected late night lifeboat launch at port erin.

You'll have to excuse the shocking quality as these were taken handheld at 320mm (from Bradda Glen) and incredibly slow 1/10th second, ISO 1 zillion, and near darkness. I'm pleased all things considered, and actually rather like the second one with the boat taking off at speed.

IMG_2851.jpg

IMG_2861-1.jpg

Not sure where they were off to, but round the back of Bradda I think was where they headed.

This was a shot I did from the same spot:

Reflections2.jpg

And a grainy recent one from Peel:

_MG_4632_3_4_5_6_tonemapped2bw.jpg

oops, this also needs attention !

I have to say I disagree. I prefer photos to have flaws - proves they haven't been photo-shopped to death.

Archived