Lens Flair

Amadeus

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

View from my bedroom window - big place, this, but less noisy than I imagined - or maybe you just don't hear it up here:

Wow! Jurby has changed since I was last there.

Oi! Are you suggesting I live in, ever lived in, or would ever even remotely consider living in Jurby? Tsk! :huh:

It's 32 floors up in Manila - boy, this place is hot! 100% humidity doesn't help either - like walking into a brick wall everytime you go outside. It's home for a while and definitely has a high awesome factor - even with armed guards downstairs at the apartment, at the office, the corner shop or pretty much anywhere else you go around Makati. I guess that means it's nice and safe, right? :ph34r:

Makati2.jpg

Bloody hell - glad I didn't google that at work :blink: Little chance of me chasing down some scantily clad singing birds in a city of 16 million.

Kinda warming up to the place - not at least because it's constant 25-30 degrees C, day and night :sweat:

Two more from home in Makati - not much time during the week but might get a car & driver at the weekend and go exploring for a day.

Manila005.jpg

Manila004.jpg

I bought a replacement pocket camera a couple of weeks ago as a present for giving up tobacco - £120 from Morrison's inc. a memory card meant it was same as Amazon price (took a little haggling!). All I wanted was a simple, small camera with a decent image quality (lens/sensor combi) and John recommended the Fuji T200. One of the 'features' was the ability to take 3-shot panoramas...and without even reading the book this is the result the first time I tried it, and I'm most impressed with the result. There's only one place I can see the 'stitch', but it's a breeze to use (tripod next time to make it perfect) and SO much easier than firing up Photoshop!

DSCF0009.jpg

Archived