Lens Flair

Amadeus

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Stuck at home with manflu the last few days but there's still stuff to look at even without leaving the house - like building work all over the place or the view from the balcony where I stay now...

NightWorkers.jpg

night2.jpg

HVDelaCostaStreetMakatiMetroManila2.jpg

HVDelaCostaStreetMakatiMetroManila1.jpg

I like the first one of those in particular as the scaffold sort of looks like it could be the inside of the power station at Pully.

Really like the bottom pic too.

I've barely had any good chances for photos lately, much to my dismay.

A subject I've done before, but one I like, the wreck of the Passages, this time with tide partway in and a long exposure. Almost looks a little like a U boat lurking in the water:

_MG_6321.jpg

_MG_6303.jpg

_MG_6362_3_4_tonemapped.jpg

Love that one mate - looks like the place to be!

Mine are from a shipwreck of a vessel called Passages, on jurby beach. Easy to get to, about a 15-20 minute stroll from where you park, and basically on the beach directly behind Jurby Church (not sure you can go directly from there without rolling/running/falling down the sand cliffs - not really recommended).

At low tide you can walk right up to the remains but I did low tide pics last time so I wanted to try something a little different.

Cheers for the comments though. smile.png

How? Very windy day, pretty rough sea, tide about 1/3 to half way in, and long exposure (£10 10 stop ND filter, since I can't bring myself to cough up for a Lee 'Big Stopper').

Want to do this with other ideas but am limited when I can get up there unless I go on the bike to save time and I'll be damned if I'm walking a mile or so along that beach in the dark carrying camera gear, a heavy bike jacket and a helmet etc. Even though I really want to for what I have got in mind....

Thanks for that - have to do some more experimenting meself there it seems. And you get yourself there and do the shot you want or it won't leave you alone until you do and you get this nagging "I wonder what it would look like - I bet It'd be good" feeling that won't go away until you try. smile.png

This place is quite alright - after three months Manila, it's like total Kindergarten. Most threatening thing here was an older, smiling monk randomly trying to shake my hand on the street, presumably looking for donations or something. If this had been Manila, I'd probably have pepper sprayed him, followed by taser and a kick - just in case. Different worlds I guess - and I do miss that edgyness a little bit already. ph34r.png

HSBC building and Bank of China to the left of it.

HSBC.jpg

Not sure what this is but it's pretty :)

HongKong06.jpg

Bruce Lee's star on the Avenue of Stars

10.jpg

Central Hong Kong

08.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

The bulding on the right hand side with the portholes always brings a smile to my face.

I was told when it was built apparantly the feng shui man inisted it had to have the porthole windows and it houses the Hong Kong Tax Authority, and the Chinese nickname for the building litterally translates to English as "The Buliding of a Thousand Arseholes"

post-79-0-57071500-1321612597_thumb.jpg

A bird one for Chris. One of our neighbours rings birds in his spare time, and had his mist nets up at Port Lewaigue. He caught this dunnock, amongst other things.

Think I recognise those hands never mind the bird. Sean Gray?

Archived