Lens Flair

Amadeus

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice to see the pride that the residents have in their home towns. I see you don't have much snow - we had 30cms but it's melting fast, not much prospect of a serious dump before the tourists arrive.

Waiting for the white stuff here - a bit already but only higher up. Knowing my luck, it'll start the day I leave...

Looks like a lovely little town, I'm sure you're happier to be there than Manilla (iirc).

Not really to be honest - I know it's all pretty and stuff but I spent the first 20-odd years of my life there and now wonder why - not much there in terms of job prospects, etc, and nice mountains alone don't pay the rent.

They are very pretty pics. Have you applied any effects to them, they colours seem to be quite vivid ... is it really this colourific? Looks like a place I would like to visit one day.

I tend to put a little HDR (High Dynamic Range) into the mix but other than that, it's how it looks - definitely worth a visit. Many other great places, such as Neuschwanstein (THE famous fairy tale castle) and of course Munich are relatively close by.

This is the Eibsee lake at the foot of the Zugspitze, Germany's highest mountain - not visible here due to the weather being crap...

eibsee.jpg

Shame there wasn't any snow in MUC to round of the christmas feel - bit grey and rainy, but still nice to be there.

Christmas tree outside St Paul's Cathedral in London

tree.jpg

At Gatwick, and no - I was not plane spotting. Honest.

gatwick.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The Maltese fireworks display during the 3rd Philippine International Pyromusical Competition. The event runs over four saturdays and last weekend was the opener, with South Korea and Malta. The British team are up next week but the one I really want to see is China in two weeks time - they won last year and if the small island of Malta can already create fireworks on an unbelievable scale, then I don't even want to know what the lot who invented gun powder can come up with. smile.png

malt03.jpg

malt02.jpg

malt01.jpg

From elsewhere, it's the Philippine Air Force Air Rescue squadron in action:

PAFR.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Archived