Lens Flair

Amadeus

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There was a hovercraft built on the Island some time around 1969 called the manx cat I think, was test launched at Derbyhaven It had 2 x VW / Porsche motors, not sure if thats the same one

There was a hovercraft built on the Island some time around 1969 called the manx cat I think, was test launched at Derbyhaven It had 2 x VW / Porsche motors, not sure if thats the same one

don't think so, I think this says 'clyde hover ferries' on the side (on another slide)

don't think so, I think this says 'clyde hover ferries' on the side (on another slide)

See also: http://www.flickr.com/photos/eddiewaltham/6515241177/in/faves-seapigeon/

another from the archives

anyone remember these two ? some time mid/late 60's I think

I remember those two extremely well. At the time I was working part-time for Jim Mitchell when he had the corner shop on Circular Road which is now Barclay's. Somehow or other, he was able to sell them fresh produce and we delivered it in his little Morris van. Walking along that gangplank with a sack of potatoes on my back is something I'm not likely to forget!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The Lotus F1 team is here at the moment. First few is Marlon Stockinger in the single seater, the other ones are of the two-seater.

th_Marlon-Stockinger-Lotus-F1-Manila-Mal

View from the roof of the tallest residential building in the country. I think it only lost out to the outright tallest building because the other one has an antenna on top - it's PBcom tower and to the right in the cluster of skyscrapers there:

x01.jpg

View from my balcony in one of the penthouse units. Mighty weird to know that amongst 20 million people in this city, only a handful live higher up or have a better view of things.

x03.jpg

View from the hallway

x07.jpg

One more, this time at night. That's Makati's central business district. They're still working on this building, so had to climb through a dark construction site to get up to the roof. Lucky they don't really do H&S here smile.png

night1.jpg

One more, this time at night. That's Makati's central business district. They're still working on this building, so had to climb through a dark construction site to get up to the roof. Lucky they don't really do H&S here smile.png

Speaking as a country boy, that looks truly horrible.

Got any nice countryside shots? Birds and stuff?

Archived