Lens Flair

Amadeus

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know it's not even vaguely correct technicality wise, I wish it was, but this is my boy and his mate playing outside all afternoon after school and having dinner where they're playing. How a summer schoolday afternoon should be spent.

awzvw3.jpg

It's a very quiet road by the way.

I know it's not even vaguely correct technicality wise, I wish it was, but this is my boy and his mate playing outside all afternoon after school and having dinner where they're playing. How a summer schoolday afternoon should be spent.

awzvw3.jpg

It's a very quiet road by the way.

You have the eye sir :-)

Good shot.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Ooo, where was that OD?

That Mini - WTF! it's a wonder it doesn't tear itself apart with all of that grunt under the bonnet in the engine bay!

I can't quite tell for sure but it looks like one of the cars in the background of that first picture was is the same as one I used to own - eta not so sure now, just zoomed in and it could be an old Merc or Beemer so deffo not something I've ever owned. Thought it was an old Nissan Bluebird Executive (or maybe a ZX Turbo).

It was the Retro Rides Gathering at Prescott Hill, brilliant day out and thoroughly recommended. The show day isn't until Sunday but people start to arrive at the campsite on the Friday (like us!). I seen the Mini go 'up the hill' just the once, but it was immense, sooooo quick. I'll see if I can find a video of it somewhere.

There was a Bluebird Executive there but in saloon guise, the car you're looking at in that photo is a Mercedes 190.

I've got a scutch of other photos to got through yet, I'll chuck some more up from the show and from the Shelsley Walsh hill climb we visited on the Saturday once I've looked at them.

It certainly looked like it was the real deal although I'm not expert when it comes to rallying. Had loads of switches and stuff inside and full harnesses etc. I've never seen one before so no idea what a road going version would look like in comparison to this (maybe I need to google some images and compare them with what I saw).

Sounded nice when it went by a bit later on as well.

Archived