Lens Flair

Amadeus

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It is a right hooker so that might well be true (I have no idea if they made them in RHD form for competition purposes) but it really did look the real deal close up - engine cutoff switch on the bonnet and everything. Very accurate livery for sure as I spent an hour or so googling it and came across some images of Italian plated versions of it. Two things I did notice, it had a disabled permit on the right hand side and the road tax was £220 which I guess must make it modern car (maybe on old plates as that's not a modern number) if it was a 70's original it would qualify for classic car status and be far less to tax surely?

Still, it looked bloody good and not something I expected to see during MGP fortnight.

Even if it's the Hawk, the AR V6 is a nice motor, and that body shape is glorious. The Stratos design has to be one of my all time favourites.

ETA The UK doesn't have a rolling age for classic status, so I think only up to 1973 qualifies at the moment. If this is T reg, that would be around 79.

Yep, TPR/DAM 4100 version of the 6R4. Never managed to get this close to one in the flesh before so had to grab a snap of it while it was abandoned, goes as well as it looks too. Shamefully I have to admit I was that giddy when I seen it parked up I forgot to look what engine was in the back!

• 3 weeks later...

Archived