Lens Flair

Amadeus

Meet Muning, the newest member of the family smile.png

Found her living in some flower pot type thing outside our office here. Not unusual to see strays here, so gave her some food first and when she was still there the next day and there was no sign of mama cat, made a snap decision to take her in. She was really weak at first but after vet visit and proper food has now turned into the cutest little monster, ever. She even has her own Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/MuningTheStreetKitten

Muning25.jpg

Muning31.jpg

Muning26.jpg

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very nice shot, Alan!

Very cute, but it will grow up and turn into a murderer of equally cute animals - birds especially.

Unless I teach her how to use the keycard for the lift or she manages to make a parachute out of her kitty blanket, I seriously doubt she's going to kill anything.

Muning50.jpg

Muning48.jpg

Muning45.jpg

And yes, she does have her own kitten furniture smile.png

Muning22.jpg

This is a paddy field in Hunan, China. Ready for harvest.

The man is the photo is rather remarakable. He has a small factory that makes 80000 coathangers every 8 hour shift. This man has a good life. And so do his workers. We all had lunch together, then fishing, then dinner and beer.

And I got free coathangers.....

post-22562-0-00150700-1380981384_thumb.jpg

That's novel, coathangers made out of rice.

Lol. I will post a photo of his factory if you like.

Its a different way of life. A different way of thinking. But not really that much different. He has what city workers in the west aspire to.

50mm F1.4.

My daughter meets her great Grandad. He was already 30 years old when Mao declared the PRC. He will pass soon.I will keep this photo for my daughter smile.png

OK, humour me - not 100% in focus? I'm thinking about the 50mm 1.4 for my 7D.

& Why black and white?

Serious questions...

50mm F1.4.

My daughter meets her great Grandad. He was already 30 years old when Mao declared the PRC. He will pass soon.I will keep this photo for my daughter smile.png

OK, humour me - not 100% in focus? I'm thinking about the 50mm 1.4 for my 7D.

& Why black and white?

Serious questions...

Because depth of field on full frame at f1.4 at 2m range is about 4 inches I think.

Apature versus focus is always a compromise.

Black and white because I like it. And it gives a better image at high iso I think. This shot is Iso 12800. The lack of color helps hide the noise. This was a dark place. I had to use my STE2 to get enough illumination to focus.

The 50f1.4 is a fantastic lens. without a doubt. get it GD :-)

Because depth of field on full frame at f1.4 at 2m range is about 4 inches I think.

Apature versus focus is always a compromise.

Black and white because I like it. And it gives a better image at high iso I think. This shot is Iso 12800. The lack of color helps hide the noise. This was a dark place. I had to use my STE2 to get enough illumination to focus.

The 50f1.4 is a fantastic lens. without a doubt. get it GD :-)

1) You could always adjust the aperture I assume.

2) ISO 12,800 - begs the question why?

Again, serious questions.

Ah - just read post again, missed the bit about it being so dark, but 12,800!

High iso because it was very dark. F1.4 because it was very dark.

The compromise is about noise versus movement. Lower iso and smaller apature results in too slow shutter speeds and fuzzy photos.

Why use super high iso ? Because I have a 5d3 so I can.

I used ae lock on this photo. Set exposure on a tone you think is right. Lock it, focus and fire. Keep doing it till you get what you want.

Archived