Lens Flair

Amadeus

Thanks, interesting.

Really a toss-up between the f1.4 and f1.2 for me, will wait a while and learn how to use the 7D properly smile.png

F1.2.

It's really soft. But It's my photo number 5 with this lens.

It's the sort of lens that makes you want to go out to take photos :)

post-22562-0-98880100-1385665041_thumb.jpg

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some nice once there Amadeus. Nokia or Pentax ? That question goes to show how good phone cameras are today.

Edit.

I bet on Nokia. Small sensor, big depth of field. Good editing skill.

Edit again.

Love the one with car at end of corridor. Sooo German :-). And a stunning photo too. You should post that one full size so we can download.

• 4 weeks later...

Sony, actually. Switched to the Alpha series after my dad gave my his old Minolta Dynax with loads of lenses. The old Minolta lenses fit on the new Sony cameras, so bargain headstart on the lens front there smile.png I like the Alpha. It's fast (25fps on full res I think) and has all the stuff you need, including solid video options. Used it to take this and the video of the fireworks last night. Not much editing done on the pic, as I was in a rush to publish it. Many local news outlets used it. Same news game as in IOM, only on a larger scale. It's fun!

01-2.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I've finally managed to go to the actual volcano. Nice place, but probably a bit too touristy for my liking. Lucky we went early and avoided the biggest crowds.

01-3.jpg

DSC01140.jpg

Any opinions on the Fuji X series, apart from the price!

They seem to be a good, long term replacement for my ageing 35mm. system.

ISO 200 min? All reviews are good but is the lack of 100 a prob?

Also, why the popularity of the 'pancake' lens? Why would anyone want a wide angle as their standard lens? Is it just the compactness?

Fuji X series are excellent cameras, at an excellent cost.

Another option is the Olympus OMD series which while the image quality is not quite as good but very close, is a lighter system to carry around, has access to a much larger choice of lenses, and is cheaper on the whole.

I have a Olympus PEN which has a ISO limit of 200 and to be honest if the systems processor is up to scratch you will not have a problem with grain and not notice the lack of a lower setting.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived