[BBC News] Manx to stage 'green' Grand Prix

Newsbot

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Didn't sound too bad an idea to be honest until I read this bit:

However, these teams will be required to build their vehicle to a set budget using off-the-shelf power sources only.

So, normal batteries and engines and stuff then? :rolleyes:

that still allows lipo batteries and 3 phase electric motors, look on youtube for electric go-karts and the likes i think one on there is running over 1000 volts :o and hauls ass

that still allows lipo batteries and 3 phase electric motors, look on youtube for electric go-karts and the likes i think one on there is running over 1000 volts :o and hauls ass

...for 227 miles?

...for 227 miles?

you've mis-read the thread their talking about 1 lap races.

They need to start publicity for this now - and they need to get that publicity into places outside of the normal biker loop - ie green and technology forums, message boards etc.

And if hardly anyone turns and enters the first event ... well they need to keep at it.

Ideally - this would attract the robot wars / scrapheap challenge types on one hand .... but also the super high tech industry development teams.

Ace. Personally - I just suddenly got a whole lot more interested in the TT.

good to see they're with the times. Although maybe it's just an idea lacking inspiration, 'well tt visitors are down, we need to do something, well green is the thing that's in now right, how about we integrate it?'

Oh well, if they manage to pull it off then hats off to them!

Archived