George Carlin Dies

It's funny about humour - it's such a personal thing. I'm not offended by him but I just don't find him funny. There is nothing there which I connect with - nothing which seems to actually get at anything underlying. I'm guessing it's an American sensibility which I don't have.

Same with Bill Hicks and Denis Leary. I just watch them and think that it all seems a bit over baked or forced. Pretending to be that angry. It's tiring. People have been going on about how great Bill Hicks was since almost immediately after he died - but I never found him funny although I think I would have agreed with some of the wilder points which he sometimes seemed to be trying to make.

I sort of get some of the old Lenny Bruce footage (which I guess would fit into a similar lineage) - but the early Woody Allen standup routines are much funnier IMO ... and they have none of that aggression. The Woody Allen moose joke is fantastic and clever and gentle.

Ken Dodd I find funny.

Funny eh?

ETA:

George Carlin being remembered for playing Rufus in a truly crap film. :angry:

God I hope he can come back as a spirit and kill you

I'm sure we'd be the first site he'd visit in the other world internet cafe :rolleyes:

George Carlin being remembered for playing Rufus in a truly crap film. :angry:

God I hope he can come back as a spirit and kill you

Did you sign up just to say that? :rolleyes:

Knob head :whatever:

No I signed up because I got told this was where all the cool kids hung out. Although looking at you I realize he meant retarded kids.

Archived