[BBC News] Bird nest warning to dog owners

Newsbot

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Those evil dog owners are at it yet again and totally to blame of course - they seem to be the new 'smokers' these days.

What about all the hedgehogs, polecats, rats and other evil nest-bothering and egg-chompers? Don't we need to exterminate all of them too?

Rant, Rant...Exterminate, Exterminate..Ban, Ban

Those evil dog owners are at it yet again and totally to blame of course - they seem to be the new 'smokers' these days.

What about all the hedgehogs, polecats, rats and other evil nest-bothering and egg-chompers? Don't we need to exterminate all of them too?

Suppose it's had to happen now that the anti-smokers have had their way!!

Can't whinge & whine about the smokers anymore, let's pick on the dog owners :)

The birds swoop down and attack my two dogs every morning. Vicious things with sharp beaks and claws.

Luckily, they've not started on me yet, and the dogs have managed to keep their cool too. (One dog managed to eat a bird in mid-flight a few years back!)

The birds swoop down and attack my two dogs every morning

That's most probably because you're walking on the nesting site and the birds are protecting it.

I would have thought that anyone with an once of common sense would have known that.

However

One dog managed to eat a bird in mid-flight a few years back

That statement seems to show you can't control a dog and are the type of person who give's all dog owners a bad name.

You must be so proud being a responsable person and a dog owner as well.

Tit.

Right, I think I will start smoking dog poo just to irritate the sanctimonious, prohibitive twits that seem to get their own way at every turn.

Right, I think I will start smoking dog poo just to irritate the sanctimonious, prohibitive twits that seem to get their own way at every turn.

Careful now, I believe the Ompela Tribe used to smoke excrement, and they are now pretty much ex-stinked.

Make sure you only smoke the White dog poo, the brown stuff is bad! :P

Another inane posting indicating the apathy towards conservation on the island.

Why don't you start a 'ban hunting with cats' campaign?

They kill a lot more birds than dogs :)

Why don't you start a 'ban hunting with cats' campaign?

They kill a lot more birds than dogs :)

You're right ofcourse, cat's are the scourge of Manx wildlife (and it's adjacent islands) - it doesn't mean we should ignore the other threats though, especially those threats that can be negated by responsible pet ownership.

Another inane posting indicating the apathy towards conservation on the island.

I do my bit for animal conservation - my freezers full.

Inane? Inane is normal here - perhaps you should have read a few more threads before you joined the forums.

Archived