Motorcyce Event On The Ayres Nnr

CJW

I think you're too close to a humour black hole.

I'd think more down the line of a sense of humour by-pass

sh1tehawk you are truely the biggest muppet on this forum.
:stupid:

At least get the name right...

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Get over it <_< it's the 2 day enduro same as last year, if you had taken the time to look at their website you would have seen this

2 Day Enduro

just the same as last year they will run around the "Point" below the high water mark , If any of your terns ar nesting below the high water mark they must be a special breed of sub aquatic terns and not the type you are on bleating about,

CJW Posted Today, 10:28 AM

Looks like I'm going to be stood on the beach on Sunday morning...

I hope you will be a safe distance from the enduro route as we wouldn't want anything to happen or will you be up there worrying the birds <_<

Oh I see. It's happened before so it should be allowed to continue...

The placement of the birds' nests/chicks is not the issue, it's the disturbance caused by however many motorcycles going past very close to those nests that is the problem. Your attitude, as indicated by the reference to "your terns" is fairly typical of those who have no understanding of matters outside their own blinkered view. Let me make this clear "THEY'RE EVERYONE'S TERNS" and part of the island's already undervalued natural heritage. These birds already have to suffer the disturbance from dog-walkers, fisherman and general tourists.

Get over it <_< it's the 2 day enduro same as last year, if you had taken the time to look at their website you would have seen this

2 Day Enduro

just the same as last year they will run around the "Point" below the high water mark , If any of your terns ar nesting below the high water mark they must be a special breed of sub aquatic terns and not the type you are on bleating about,

CJW Posted Today, 10:28 AM

Looks like I'm going to be stood on the beach on Sunday morning...

I hope you will be a safe distance from the enduro route as we wouldn't want anything to happen or will you be up there worrying the birds <_<

Oh I see. It's happened before so it should be allowed to continue...

The placement of the birds' nests/chicks is not the issue, it's the disturbance caused by however many motorcycles going past very close to those nests that is the problem. Your attitude, as indicated by the reference to "your terns" is fairly typical of those who have no understanding of matters outside their own blinkered view. Let me make this clear "THEY'RE EVERYONE'S TERNS" and part of the island's already undervalued natural heritage. These birds already have to suffer the disturbance from dog-walkers, fisherman and general tourists.

If you check tide times on sunday you will see that low tide is approx 9.30am,hence no need for bikes to be up near nesting areas.This event is properely organised ,as can be gathered by the fact signs have been put up to notify other users of the area and relevant permission sought from D.O.T.,who i am pretty sure are the dept in charge of foreshores around the island.ALL riders could be told at start to stay close to sea around ayres,also im informed in these kind of events

riders set of in pairs at intervals,hence no big groups making an excessive noise.finally if i was a nesting bird i d be more

annoyed with people coming to my nest checking i m alright,than a bike or fisherman down the otherside of beach ,blissfully unaware of my presence!

Brilliant news.

I've spoken to Dr.Richard Selman at DAFF and he informs me that the section which passes the Ayres NNR will not be used.

But Victor, according to CJW it's not going ahead because this guy quoted here say's so :huh: ,as far i was aware the nature reserve stops at the beach line , but i dont think CJW is going to let any actual facts get in the way of his twitchers waffle

Although this is my favourite part of the island I can't see the harm in some 'boys and their toys' activity. The terns are well out of the way.

The issue I do have is the "enduro" part of this. I thought enduro would be about endurance and overcoming the elements/time factor. A ride on shingle for about 10 miles doesn't seem very arduous to me. Why not just go to the Raven for a few beers and try to negotiate the bogs? Damned sight more enduro than a romp on the beach on a motor bike.

Bunch of tossers, three day shadow spotters beware, there be some testosterone being spilt tonight.

normally the route takes around the coast before you get to the endurance part of the event at ballagarygan how ever the fuck you spell it. Trust me it aint no ride in the park.

Just a ride on the beach.

Don't make it out to be more than it is.

i aint going to bite but any guy who rides a harley type bike is in no position to comment about riding motorcycles! :P

Although this is my favourite part of the island I can't see the harm in some 'boys and their toys' activity. The terns are well out of the way.

The issue I do have is the "enduro" part of this. I thought enduro would be about endurance and overcoming the elements/time factor. A ride on shingle for about 10 miles doesn't seem very arduous to me. Why not just go to the Raven for a few beers and try to negotiate the bogs? Damned sight more enduro than a romp on the beach on a motor bike.

Bunch of tossers, three day shadow spotters beware, there be some testosterone being spilt tonight.

apparently,the event is based at ramsey rugby club ,they are only riding up the beach to reach the special timed tests which

i believe are on private farmland and plantations(so daff knew it was on)well away from the sacred "terns",just a thought,but who says terns dont like watching bikes,must get boring sat up ayres days on end!

Just a ride on the beach.

Don't make it out to be more than it is.

i aint going to bite but any guy who rides a harley type bike is in no position to comment about riding motorcycles! :P

Not critisising bikers as such, it's the macho "enduro" crap I can do without.

It's not a Harley type either, it's a Harley. I also ride a Vespa T5, LML 180 DLX, Suzuki TU 250 X. I just ride bikes for long distances, does that count as "enduro"? Can I grow a moustache now?

I always wondered what happened to all the shite in Wilf youngs yard, looks like your riding it!

all in good taste of course no offence meant. ;)

Archived