[BBC News] Man held in 'firearms' incident

Newsbot

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wouldn't be surprised if it's another case of someone with an airgun waving it around, then the powers that be probably ponder for ages over whether it is in fact a real gun or something slightly less nasty.

Seems to have happened a good few times before and people don't seem to learn that they shouldn't wave the things around. I'm not saying that is the case here of course as I don't know.

Just that if it was, it wouldn't exactly be the first time that sort of thing has happened.

Wouldn't be surprised if it's another case of someone with an airgun waving it around, then the powers that be probably ponder for ages over whether it is in fact a real gun or something slightly less nasty.

I wouldn't be surprised either. I seem to remember a 'drive by shooting' in Ballasalla a few years back that was actually some kids titting about with a BB gun.

This happened nearby. I heard a bit of commotion but it was the fire brigade disconnecting their hoses from the water main. They left soon after but the police car remained, straddled across the junction of Marathon Road and Victoria Road.

I wouldn't be surprised either. I seem to remember a 'drive by shooting' in Ballasalla a few years back that was actually some kids titting about with a BB gun.

Hardly "kids" because if they can drive they can vote. I mean, the intellectual heavyweights in Tynwald surely wouldn't have given 16 yo's the vote if they didn't think they were savvy and mature enough to exercise it sensibly now would they?

I'm VERY interested in what happened about this "drive by shooting" because it seems to have been errrr... nothing! What's the scoop please?

one force shot dead a man carrying a chair leg so they didn't need much support to send in firearms team.

It was actually a table leg - which obviously looks more like an AK47 than a chair leg :P

Was that the dining table leg as used by regular troops or the shortened coffee table leg as used by special forces

one force shot dead a man carrying a chair leg so they didn't need much support to send in firearms team.

It was actually a table leg - which obviously looks more like an AK47 than a chair leg :P

Was that the dining table leg as used by regular troops or the shortened coffee table leg as used by special forces

Don't tell anyone I told you this, but special forces generally use IKEA 47's - which provide 'affordable solutions for better living killing'.

Archived