[BBC News] Man held in 'firearms' incident

Newsbot

Witness at scene advises that police had apparently 'surrounded' the property where the suspect was and had him contained.

Next thing he is legging it off down the road with the police in pursuit deploying their new toys !!

Why does this guy spring to mind when I think of IOM Police force ?!!

post-2412-1215125947_thumb.png

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Witness at scene advises that police had apparently 'surrounded' the property where the suspect was and had him contained.

Next thing he is legging it off down the road with the police in pursuit deploying their new toys !!

Though a lot could have happened in between those two events surely?

I wonder why the emphasis as far as the Police are concerned, has so far (unless I missed something) been on the deployment and the 'novelty value' of the weapons used.

Have we been told how many Tazers/baton guns were deployed? were any actualy fired? If so how many of each? was anybody hit ? if so whereabouts on the body? What was the result? Was the person in question taken into custody unharmed?Is he in custody at the Police station or at the Hospital? Where did the relevant officers get their training?

How did we come by these weapons? Whose decision was it to acquire them?Are they new issue or cast offs from another force?

Stu Peters was helping the Police demonstrate a newly acquired finger print technology machine thing. So I just wondered if there had been a clearance sale from another force.

And last of all, please god let it not be down to Martyn Quayle. :(

If this individual was armed (gun, knife, big stick, cuddly toy, whatever) and he was causing a nuisance and endangering the innocent, he should have been shot.

Not tasered, pepper-sprayed or peltered with cotton wool balls. Shot with bullets. Metal ones.

Scum.

At my local store the other day, a child was brandishing a plastic gun, while his mother was explaining that "I am not normally in favour of guns but...."

Here's another gun crime thug in the making - being able to pretend shoot people as a child is only one step away from doing it for real just a little later in life.

At my local store the other day, a child was brandishing a plastic gun, while his mother was explaining that "I am not normally in favour of guns but...."

Here's another gun crime thug in the making - being able to pretend shoot people as a child is only one step away from doing it for real just a little later in life.

Absolute twaddle

Utter bilge - using that logic every lad I went to school with (and some of the girls) would be in prison for firearms related offences.

If you feel that strongly about it why aren't you out picketing laserblast?

At the end of the day the scroat was carrying a weapon that could have been a danger to the public and/or police officers, the police assessed the situation and took him down by a clean safe and efficient means, in my mind they should have forgot the soft method and double tapped the shit. But whatever way it will send out a message to any scroat who thinks they can use a weapon here, that we are not the soft touch of the UK and such actions will not be tolerated and dealt with in a quick and hopefully painful way.

I don't think it is so much that the UK is soft, just the people over there don't give a shit about killing each other.

Suppose that makes us the soft ones.

Over here if someone got knifed, it would be a massive thing and it would get sorted out by the police as soon as because something like that is a really big deal over here, nothing too extreme ever happens, but in London people are getting knifed left, right and centre. Did you hear about those two french students as well?

I read that between them they had 240 stab wounds. Thats probably more than the amount of seperate stab wounds you'd get over here... ever...

Like I said man, they don't give a shit about caning each other all the time.

Judge Dredd style police are needed and a Battle Royale style programme needs introducing into schools. If you get a detention anytime during the year you should be lined up in a forest bollock naked and shot for 20 minutes with paint balls.

If this individual was armed (gun, knife, big stick, cuddly toy, whatever) and he was causing a nuisance and endangering the innocent, he should have been shot.

Not tasered, pepper-sprayed or peltered with cotton wool balls. Shot with bullets. Metal ones.

Scum.

More people have died at the hands of speeders than firearms on the Island, they are really dangerous----summary justice for them then? you speed you are taken out of the car and shot--a fair comparison?

Archived