[BBC News] Funds sought for pupils' safety

Newsbot

Why dont the teachers just get the bus?

Because most of them are lazy b@stards like a lot of the IOM's population!

I wonder how increasing car parking in school grounds is meant to increase pupil safety?

Also this afternoon I saw a convertible car screeching away from a pedestrian crossing near a high school (didn't get the number). I thought what an @sshole, and then looked across and realised there was a school child sat in the front passenger seat. No doubt the tw@t that was driving thinks it is safer to take their child to school in a car- with idiots like them on the road, no wonder!!

Why dont the teachers just get the bus?

Because most of them are lazy b@stards like a lot of the IOM's population!

Because most of them have got loads of stuff to carry. And the buses aren't necessarily running early enough.

When I started at balla in the late 90s, there was enough parking for all the staff and some 6th formers. The school has not increased in size that much since then, so teachers that previously did not drive now do.

No doubt yet more of the playing field will go to accomodate the teachers cars, this apparently being more 'sustainable' than parking on useless so-called 'tennis courts.'

As for the bus lay-by, if it needs modifying to improve safety, then surely the implication is that it has been unsafe since 2002. How many accidents have their been? None?

And what is the point of putting barriers on the gates? Pointless.

No doubt this will be waved through though, even though it provides no benefit to our education system.

No doubt yet more of the playing field will go to accomodate the teachers cars, this apparently being more 'sustainable' than parking on useless so-called 'tennis courts.'

Teacher numbers are fairly stable - it's the increase in pupils driving to school isn't it?

Teacher numbers are fairly stable - it's the increase in pupils driving to school isn't it?

That may be a reason why teachers can't park in the surrounding area as much any more, but pupils are expressly forbidden to park on the site itself.

Some people seem to think we are entering a new age of the automobile.

When I started at balla in the late 90s . . . .

Clearly you weren't educated in spelling.

No doubt yet more of the playing field will go to accommodate the teachers' cars,

:)

Back on topic:

It is a bit like spending £millions on an airport runway.

The key word is of course "safety", oh and in this case "children" are involved too.

The request for loadsamoney will sail through.

If they want to increase safety they should build a new school as was PROMISED at Bemahague ,the fact is Ballakermeen and StNinians are bursting at the seams .

I thought that was actually going ahead now? They were talking of building that school when I was at school....I'm 36 now.

Yeah they are going to do it, though I would have prefered they had built a sixth-form college instead of giving each school its own little area.

Surely spreading the provision of schooling across a wider area would be a good thing, travel-wise, as it means that the pupils in the area where the new school is built wouldn't have to travel as far anymore?

Archived