[BBC News] Officer arrested over allegation

Newsbot

another one?? working on percentages there are/were more crims in the force than the general public? the fantasist fraudster, the drink driver ( just reinstated ) and now this latest one??

We could do with a few coppers getting nicked if only for the rich vein of comedy it provides for the rest of us

Remember when those 3 cops got jailed back in the 1970s for robbing shops & warehouses when on duty ?

The jokes kept us going all winter, e.g: " what did the copper say to his mate ? lend us a packet of fags till the shops shut"

Oh how we laughed

Yes, remember that well. One of the alleged perpetrators was a cadet (is that what you call them?) who was in the same year as us at school at the time, and used to greet us in Strand Street with the line, 'May the force be with you'.

It was around 1978 ish.

I don't think we are supposed to discuss this sort of thing. It was a long time ago and we're supposed to not remember such episodes in our history.

I don't think we are supposed to discuss this sort of thing. It was a long time ago and we're supposed to not remember such episodes in our history.

or deaths in the TT after the day it happened. but if there is ANYTHING happening near strang we have to hear about samantha barton and george green for the billionth time.

I do wonder if this could actually be classed as news

A policeman (unnamed) in the Isle of Man has been arrested over a criminal allegation (which is unspecified)

The officer (unnamed) was arrested on Friday morning over an allegation (unspecified) which the Manx Constabulary have confirmed is unconnected with his duties (which of course are unspecified)

No further details have been released by police in connection with the (unspecified) criminal allegation.

Archived