[BBC News] Crowds flock to Tynwald Day event

Newsbot

'Thousands' according to iomtoday - 'hundreds' according to the BBC.

I look forward to the gov press release trumpeting the most succesful Tynwald day in all history......

it was probably the quietest Tynwald I've seen in last 10 years - the fair didn't seem to be as busy - the weather didn't help - hope it remains dry for this evening.

What naval rank did Anne's hat represent - she seemed to have more gold bands than the Lt Governor.

she seemed to have more gold bands than the Lt Governor.

She may have more Brass Bands than he does too.

No manholes or bushes taking to the air....job well done Constable Plod - and she was treated just like an ordinary visitor...chips and gravy for lunch.

I used to go as a nipper but wouldnt go now,wound wind me up watching the scroungers on the hill entertaining english royalty.All the pomp and ceremony,if all involved want to do that sort of thing,pay for it yourselves you bunch of cunts.Anyways im offski to watch the Southern to cheer me up.....

Tynwald is not what it used to be, it used to be about celebrating all that is Manx, now it is the same boring crap and a chance for all the English yuppies to try and look important

I used to go as a nipper but wouldnt go now,wound wind me up watching the scroungers on the hill entertaining english royalty.All the pomp and ceremony,if all involved want to do that sort of thing,pay for it yourselves you bunch of cunts.Anyways im offski to watch the Southern to cheer me up.....

Well said macmannin

Not enough folks like you left

The last time I went (14 years ago or so) some crazy evangelist tried to convince me that sin was more deadly than cobras or any other answer to the question he was asking everyone: "what's the most deadly thing in the world?", that and there were loads of boy scouts everywhere. Didn't seem like much point in going again.

Archived