[BBC News] Crowds flock to Tynwald Day event

Newsbot

The last time I went (14 years ago or so) some crazy evangelist tried to convince me that sin was more deadly than cobras or any other answer to the question he was asking everyone: "what's the most deadly thing in the world?", that and there were loads of boy scouts everywhere. Didn't seem like much point in going again.

You should have answered "religion"....

The last time I went (14 years ago or so) some crazy evangelist tried to convince me that sin was more deadly than cobras or any other answer to the question he was asking everyone: "what's the most deadly thing in the world?"

Was the evangelist wearing a funny looking hat with lots of gold braid on it?

It was a bit of a damp squib right enough. The weather was pretty nice from about 2pm onwards, so the bands were at least playing on the green. Some numb nuts greenlight camera man inserted himself between the poor conductor and the first row of his players at one point... It's OK, they didn't actually need to see when to start playing they have a psychic connection with the conductor anyway

And who was letting off all the fireworks last night, never saw any just heard all the noise that lasted for about thirty minutes.

the taxpayer and just 15mins - actually quite a good display as viewed from my eyrie in Peel !

Archived