If You Were Stuck On The Prom This Morning...

Amadeus

(I assume it had just come off the boat ?)

Looked like it, yes - just strange that they came out of the harbour, went around the roundabout on the other side and then back towards the harbour?

I thought it was the new processing machine for all the rubbish coming out of Tynwald, tbh... Wonder if we can fit a few consultants in there as well?

As a guess i would say it is a mobile tarmacadam maker machine type thing for the new runway. but you knew that anyway! :lol:

I think we should get the 'Time Team' over and do a job at the airport before another very interesting local historic site is f**ked up!

Also think we should stop the runway extension, spend a couple of mil on the Ramsey Pier (to bring in all the tourists & especially freight the airport is supposed to) a couple of mil on tourism (visit historic sites - almost as old as Stonehenge - near the 'old runway'), a few mil on the airport tower & pocket the rest instead of wasting it on completely hair brained ideas!

I would imagine it went back to get weighed, Fairy bridge is quite old and I don't know what weight it would take, also the railway bridge at Blackboards. (bit of a squeeze as well with that length), let alone the swing bridge.

If it's going to the airport the route it takes would be interesting, if it is overweight.

I would imagine it went back to get weighed, Fairy bridge is quite old and I don't know what weight it would take, also the railway bridge at Blackboards. (bit of a squeeze as well with that length), let alone the swing bridge.

If it's going to the airport the route it takes would be interesting, if it is overweight.

:stupid::lol:

I would take a guess at it was to long in total to come out of the Trailer terminal and take a immediate left turn so they would go straight across and go around the far roundabout and come back to have a better tack through the roundabout infront of the steamracket offices, maximum weight for the manx roads is 52 tonnes total vehicle weight or certainly used to be don't think length is an issue unless it dont fit round a corner, look at the cooling radiators for the Power station they had some 'length' in them, mind you rear steerable trailers makes any job easy :D

:stupid::lol:

I would take a guess at it was to long in total to come out of the Trailer terminal and take a immediate left turn so they would go straight across and go around the far roundabout and come back to have a better tack through the roundabout infront of the steamracket offices, maximum weight for the manx roads is 52 tonnes total vehicle weight or certainly used to be don't think length is an issue unless it dont fit round a corner, look at the cooling radiators for the Power station they had some 'length' in them, mind you rear steerable trailers makes any job easy :D

Quite, you took a guess, same as I did, based on experience with heavy plant movements. Ta for the weight info for roads, I just wondered about the bridges it would have to negotiate. Rear steer on the railway bridge would be a necessity I would think, it's quite sharp in a normal length truck.

A bit curious about the smileys attached though? <_<

maximum weight for the manx roads is 52 tonnes total vehicle weight or certainly used to be don't think length is an issue

without a permit, as long as u got a permit u can move anything,

not sure on the length, but think there is a max lenght, with out permit,

looks like the new toy for stripping/rellaying the old runway and new part of the runway

it would obviously take the old castletown foool!

haha could it even get up richmond hill?

Archived