If You Were Stuck On The Prom This Morning...

Amadeus

maximum weight for the manx roads is 52 tonnes total vehicle weight or certainly used to be don't think length is an issue

without a permit, as long as u got a permit u can move anything,

not sure on the length, but think there is a max lenght, with out permit,

Ok lets put it this way then ,

with a permit 52 tonne is the maximun LEGAL gross vehicle weight allowed on the manx roads as this is what they are (so called) designed to take, also the towing unit must be mimimum of catergory 2 which means upgraded bolts in the driveline and upgraded brakes normally , as for length i believe some of the courier sevices like Manx Ind Carriers are only allowed to take the large doubledeck trailer from the boat to the Depots :P as they are to long over here at 48 foot but are legal in englandshire,

yes i agree that there are some types certainly in the past that do not allow trivial things like if it is legal or not and just move it anyway :blink:

I would imagine it went back to get weighed, Fairy bridge is quite old and I don't know what weight it would take, also the railway bridge at Blackboards. (bit of a squeeze as well with that length), let alone the swing bridge.

If it's going to the airport the route it takes would be interesting, if it is overweight.

it would obviously take the old castletown foool!

haha could it even get up richmond hill?

Only a fookin idiot would even think about going that way, still have the railway bridge and the sharp left. at the blackboards to negotiate, there ain't no way that is going round that corner.

Looking at the pics there ain't a CAT 2, or 3 plate on so it must be under maximum weight (38 tonne) for the island. Length is the issue.

However, I assume it is there by now, what route did it take in the end?

I would imagine it went back to get weighed, Fairy bridge is quite old and I don't know what weight it would take, also the railway bridge at Blackboards. (bit of a squeeze as well with that length), let alone the swing bridge.

If it's going to the airport the route it takes would be interesting, if it is overweight.

it would obviously take the old castletown foool!

haha could it even get up richmond hill?

Only a fookin idiot would even think about going that way, still have the railway bridge and the sharp left. at the blackboards to negotiate, there ain't no way that is going round that corner.

Looking at the pics there ain't a CAT 2, or 3 plate on so it must be under maximum weight (38 tonne) for the island. Length is the issue.

However, I assume it is there by now, what route did it take in the end?

i was quite obviously joking.....................

Archived