Ramsey Pier To Be Demolished?

Fossils

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yes, it looks nice on that sunny day, but it is populated with a handful of elderly people, and is clearly described as having been renovated with grant money. If IoMG could achieve similar results for the outlay of 1p, I'm sure they would be a little less hesitant about investing in it.

From the comments it seems one of the most enjoyed aspects is the unspoilt coastline...

That's a tad unfair, Bangor's quite a big town with a university (I went there 1976 to 1979) and was in a dire economic state in the late 70's early 80's. The pier renovation put something back into the town.

However Bangor is significantly larger than Ramsey and the pier is nowhere as big (from memory).

Point taken, and with further thought I suppose a less busy time is preferable for taking panoramic photographs.

It looks a lot bigger in your photo! Also I don't remember it being in such a bad state as Ramsey's pier is at the moment.

84bangor-pier.jpg

sideplate11.gif

I am heartedly sick of your constant knocking of Ramsey my friend. You sit in your (perceived) ivory tower of Switzerland and attempt to take the piss out of anything that doesn't meet your criteria of excellence. the harder you try the sadder you appear. OK, you live in a snow bound, rocky outpost of civilisation with a dubuious past regarding war years, hidden gold and susposed 'neutrality' , but feel able to comment on our free society.

Fair enough you are entitled to your opinion but leave us to our own devices, we can cope without your kind.

If you feel you can contribute to the argument come over and partake in the discussion in person, otherwise leave us to it.

It's easy to comment from afar without actually making any effort to do anything useful or positive.

So, in final comment, fuck off.

I am heartedly sick of your constant knocking of Ramsey my friend. You sit in your (perceived) ivory tower of Switzerland and attempt to take the piss out of anything that doesn't meet your criteria of excellence. the harder you try the sadder you appear. OK, you live in a snow bound, rocky outpost of civilisation with a dubuious past regarding war years, hidden gold and susposed 'neutrality' , but feel able to comment on our free society.

Fair enough you are entitled to your opinion but leave us to our own devices, we can cope without your kind.

If you feel you can contribute to the argument come over and partake in the discussion in person, otherwise leave us to it.

It's easy to comment from afar without actually making any effort to do anything useful or positive.

To be fair though Ramsey is shit.

You really need to stay away from here when you're drunk.

Cut this guy some slack

Ramsey is the crappest town on the island by a long mile, so anybody bothered enough to support it should at least get our sympathy, if not our support

BTW the pier has a huge mussel colony growing on it's stanchions, if the town stopped draining its sewerage into the bay you could have the UK's first PYO mussel farm

Why isn't the pier a listed building (or whatever equivalent exists in the IoM)?

Anybody been in touch with the national piers society?

It is a Registered building (well pier I suppose), which is part of threason why DLGE refused DoT's application to knock part of it down a few years ago.

Actually I'm from Ramsey and return regularly. If you think Ramsey is so great then I suggest you get out a bit more often.

Archived