Ramsey Grammar School Leavers Video

spencer

:D Can't find a mention of this anywhere on here. If you haven't seen it, have a look at the RGS leavers video on UTube. It's fantastic and if it doesn't make you smile and laugh out loud on this miserable day, then you're dead already.

Fair play to the Head and all the staff as well. :lol:

Works now!!!

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
:D Can't find a mention of this anywhere on here. If you haven't seen it, have a look at the RGS leavers video on UTube. It's fantastic and if it doesn't make you smile and laugh out loud on this miserable day, then you're dead already.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2dxUKlfKA4

That link doesn't work.

should

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2dxUKlfKA4

That link doesn't work.

should

Thanks!

I do question the wisdom of a teacher making blatant references to drugs and it being posted on the internet. (I assume that's a teacher around 1.10 and not just a very mature student?)

Just watched the video. Great effort :D

Great effort

Great rip off

How yawn inducing can this video get?

Manx Independent newspaper half a page or so and the related IoM Today wbsite, even this manxforums now extolling the virtues of a school leaver's video oblique goddamn yearbook.

Does anyone want to come round and see me holiday snaps, or the mobile phone vid of our last work's do. It was brilliant, super, dead dead good, well worthy of national newspaper coverage and "utube"

Is all this palava a bit like how today's school kids all get 8' O levels (or whatever they are called now) , and everyone wins at sports, and we all pat each other on the back and everything that is done is done dead well and no one is crap, boring or unimaginative at anything?

Yoof of today.....ah don't know

I do question the wisdom of a teacher making blatant references to drugs and it being posted on the internet. (I assume that's a teacher around 1.10 and not just a very mature student?)

I had previously thought more highly of you but you're appear to be a Daily Mail reader. It's just the kids leaving school having some fun and the teachers recognising that. I suspect that lots of schools have done similar videos and its simply the availability of youtube that has brought it to attention. If you think that sixth form students have no idea what drugs are you clearly live in a very sheltered world. Why look for a negative in everything, its just some kids having fun.

I think the school have done well.

To have both the teachers and students enjoying themselves these days is a credit to them all and I wish them the very best for their futures.

I'm sorry %age, I disagree with your comments on this post and I'm sure that you'll disagree with mine, but hey, if we all agreed, life would be pretty mundane :)

I personally think the ideas good of being on You Tube and they seemed to enjoy it, which IMO, is what it's all about. The song was ok and it was an easy song to sing and although I would have preferred that parts were dubbed over regards to drugs as mentioned earlier by Ean and I believe cabbyl ushtey, it was a good show and I hope that school leavers will do something next year.

Don't knock them down guys :( as I'd much prefer them to have a good time than seeing another article in the paper over knife crime etc....etc...

I had previously thought more highly of you but you're appear to be a Daily Mail reader. It's just the kids leaving school having some fun and the teachers recognising that. I suspect that lots of schools have done similar videos and its simply the availability of youtube that has brought it to attention. If you think that sixth form students have no idea what drugs are you clearly live in a very sheltered world. Why look for a negative in everything, its just some kids having fun.

Not a Daily Mail reader just someone who knows how the school system works. It's pretty fucking stupid for a teacher to imitate snorting cocaine on a video that is then made public. All it takes is one complaint from a parent or for a school governor to see it and he's probably going to end up in hot water.

Wasn't a comment on whether it was right or wrong, just suggesting that the teacher who did it hadn't particularly thought it through. Especially when I'm sure the school has a strict anti-drugs policy.

And it wasn't simply the availability of YouTube that brought it to the attention, I gather it has been in the papers. Now anyone who has had to deal with IoM newspapers knows that you have to essentially write the article for them before they'll publish it, now somebody has told the journalist about this video and I'm guessing it's either the people that made it or RGS to show what their students have been doing and the skills they have picked up and what a jolly atmosphere they have in the school.

As for the video itself...meh, it's alright but not particularly original. Like you say I'm sure lots have been made so why should RGS's be singled out for particular praise. I seem to remember when I left there was a leavers video that was put up on youtube. It's good for people to look back on and laugh about, remember your mates and teachers and it's pretty fun to film but is there really a need for it to be a news item?

Chroma Keying - it's not for everyone :)

I know how much work goes into something like that - just let them have some fun and enjoy the future cringe factor. It shall come back to haunt you in a few years...

good to see the kids putting their skills ot something creative and which they clearly enjoyed, much better than drinking alcopops at the Corrie Park whihc is what most of the other Ramsey scroats seem to be up to.

I think they and the school should be applauded for having the confidence to put it together and to be prepared to let the world see the results of their labours (even if it becomes cringeworthy infuture years)

Archived