Ramsey Grammar School Leavers Video

spencer

As mentioned in this thread there are of course many positives in the making of this video which I applaud.

However, does the video indicate how many of our students carry out their work? A quick Google on the laptop and "Hey Presto!!"

Aye, students of today.

Plagiarism. You'll find the word in the dictionary between Pass and Probably.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I personally think its good that the students actually get on with the teachers, when i was at school it was a daily battle with some teachers who gave little or no encouragement to kids, just shouted and what they did teach never got absorbed.

Well done to all i think its just a little way of having fun and letting of some steam.

God you lot are miserable - it's just a bit of fun, and I commend them for it.

Was just about to post something similar! Totally agree.

Seems like a lot of fun was had making the video! :)

Why shouldn't people be critical. This video has been put out there as a "look how great our school is, we have such a good atmosphere" video, a bit of P.R. for the school. When a school leavers video is getting an article in the newspaper it's not because the journalists have seen it and thought "wow that's good I'll write about it" it's because the school or someone associated with it has put it forward to the paper.

I'd put money on that every single secondary school has created a school leaver's video this year, why is RGS the only one that has received media attention? And why, when it is obvious it has been put forward by them, shouldn't people criticise it? Personally i don't care about it, i saw it, smiled and remembered the leavers video we had and then questioned why a teacher felt the need to imitate drug taking (when, interestingly, none of the students who had the same line felt the need to).

Well done to the students involved for making it, i'm sure a lot of hours were spent in the editing suite outside of school time. I hope they'll look back on it in a few years time and remember what a good time they had at RGS, i just don't see why I'm meant to think it's the best thing since sliced bread and why it has been brought to my attention in the first place.

Why shouldn't people be critical. This video has been put out there as a "look how great our school is, we have such a good atmosphere" video, a bit of P.R. for the school. When a school leavers video is getting an article in the newspaper it's not because the journalists have seen it and thought "wow that's good I'll write about it" it's because the school or someone associated with it has put it forward to the paper.

I'd put money on that every single secondary school has created a school leaver's video this year, why is RGS the only one that has received media attention? And why, when it is obvious it has been put forward by them, shouldn't people criticise it? Personally i don't care about it, i saw it, smiled and remembered the leavers video we had and then questioned why a teacher felt the need to imitate drug taking (when, interestingly, none of the students who had the same line felt the need to).

Well done to the students involved for making it, i'm sure a lot of hours were spent in the editing suite outside of school time. I hope they'll look back on it in a few years time and remember what a good time they had at RGS, i just don't see why I'm meant to think it's the best thing since sliced bread and why it has been brought to my attention in the first place.

completely agree, they seem to be making a big thing about the relationships between teachers and students, but shouldnt this be the normal day to day case anyway? also the paper made it out to have a lot more views than it actually did..........haha

This video was produced by a member of year 13 for the school prom. Obviously other schools have done similar videos and it was not intended to be original. As a previous contributor has said, it is just 'their version'. IOM newspapers picked it up on You Tube and asked if they could feature it on their website.

It was just done as a bit of fun & never intended to be a news item.

I wish I had something like that to look back on from my school days!

IOM newspapers picked it up on You Tube and asked if they could feature it on their website.

It was just done as a bit of fun & never intended to be a news item.

I wish I had something like that to look back on from my school days!

You mean IOM newspapers actually picked it up as a news story? You really mean that they researched something and actually ran with it?

Next time maybe they could try a Google search on "Tynwald" and "debate".

Jeez, just let it rest. No-one said it's the best thing since sliced bread. It's just a bit of fun - especially if you recognise some of the kids, and I'm glad the link was posted. Can't you find something more serious to whine about?

Jeez, just let it rest. No-one said it's the best thing since sliced bread. It's just a bit of fun - especially if you recognise some of the kids, and I'm glad the link was posted. Can't you find something more serious to whine about?

This is manxforums, you get people whining about everything and anything ;)

Archived