[BBC News] Post box plan to protect farmers

Newsbot

I hope they don't put them in the same eff'n position as they did near here, obscuring visibility at the junction, got no response from the DoT or Road Safety people, wonder what the planning or town hall have to say next !

That looks a bit iffy, where is that? Is your car left hand drive?

I hope they don't put them in the same eff'n position as they did near here, obscuring visibility at the junction, got no response from the DoT or Road Safety people, wonder what the planning or town hall have to say next !

That looks a bit iffy, where is that? Is your car left hand drive?

I think that's a postie's dump box, it's in Farmhill, and the pic was taken from the driver's seat (RHD) stopped at the give way line, so does a great job of blocking a view of anything coming from the left, meaning you have to pull forward to see anything. I did send a picture to the Road Safety officer but they obviously think it doesn't constitute a hazard to safety :(

(it even makes the postie stand in the road to open it, not safely on the pavement, and there's plenty of mush better places within 10ft of this position)

I don't suppose they have realised that not travelling up miles of farm tracks would save time, fuel and wear/tear to the vehicles otherwise they would have mentioned this added bonus. :huh:

Jeeze, do you know, that never occurred to me either, I thought they just didn't want to spread anthrax. <_<

I do wish our politicos would credit us with a little more intelligence and give us the real, and often blindingly obvious, reasons behind these decisions.

Archived