It's a grand old team to support

And if you know your history

It's enough to make your heart go oh-oh-oh-oh

We don't care what the red (side) say

What the heck do we care

Cos we only know

That there's gonna be a show

When the EVERTON boys are there!!!!!

1-0 aha all you red noses take that, 12 points behind us now!

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

knowing our luck we'll have a xxxx xmas then slip down to end up 1 point behind liverpool just out of europe or something...

that's what being a lifelong evertonian does to you

still

we beat Liverpool so for now xxxxxxx have some

Are they still second after todays result?

certainly are, and loving every second of it

what a day staurday was, 1st time i've had the pleasure seeing us beat them at goodison, the ground was buzzing from the 1st minute until long after the match finished.

i must say it is wierd being talked of now as title contenders, theres no chance we'll win it, but with the self belief we've got now there's no reason why we cant finish top 4

i must say it is wierd being talked of now as title contenders..........

By who??????

theres no chance we'll win it...............but with the self belief we've got now.......

obviously not your self belief then...... :whistling:

You can always spot a red sh!te.

Alan Hansen for one said they were in the race and quite frankly most people must think so too if a team is 2nd at the half way mark. I take my hat of to them, just goes to show money doesn't necessarily buy you success.

Can't say I'm filled with confidence for my trip to Goodison on Boxing day though :unsure::o

i must say it is wierd being talked of now as title contenders..........

By who??????

theres no chance we'll win it...............but with the self belief we've got now.......

obviously not your self belief then...... :whistling:

benitez for 1

Liverpool manager Rafael Benitez backed Moyes' claim the Blues can stay in hunt for the title.

"They are winning games, they are a strong, aggressive side and have great spirit," Benitez said. "Of course they must be considered challengers, and certainly for a top-four finish."

Just off topic slightly, but still relevant: who do you think Moyes should try to sign in January? Personally I think that the main priority should be to get a striker but I don't think that James Beattie is the right player to be considering. Maybe it is because he is playing with rubbish players at Southampton but for me this year he has been very unimpressive and certianly doesn't look capable of scoring a lot of goals. Bent has done a great job since his arrival but I'd rather see two strikers start with Big Dunc on the bench to nick the odd goal every now and then.

I would be more inclined to sign Dean Ashton from Crewe - although he has not yet proved himself at the top level, look at Jon Stead at Blackburn and what an impact he made when he arrived on the scene. Robbie Keane would be even better.

The midfield is an area that I think needs back-up in case of injury to key players. Although I don't like Lily (Robbie) Savage, I think he would be a good buy for the club as he obviously has the commitment and desire that the rest of the squad have produced so far.

Any other thoughts?

Archived