2nd And Not Budging

blue kipper

Beattie for me as we need an option up front of a big target man who's handy on the ground in the area too....

Another good young centre back would do well to to bring Yobo and xxx through as successors to Weir and Stubbs

Also Gravesens replacement - a tough one as you need a tough tackler but not a total donkey - I;d get Gravesen to sign an extension

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We may well be second but we still appear to be invisible to a lot of the "pundits"...even after Man U lost another two points last night...they still keep on saying they are 4 points behind arsenal and 9 points behind Chelsea.

I would be the first to admit that if this was the first couple of games of the season then the "flash in the pan" effect could be applied (portsmouth last season anyone). But we are nearly half way through the season now...have played the top teams (losing to both Arsenal and Chelsea mind) and are still second. Playing Liverpool off the park on Saturday should indicate that this is good enough team to be second on merit.

Well done the Blues and long may it continue. If we can keep it together through Xmas and get a few good signing in January (if this Fortress money ever arrives) then I dont see any reason why a European place isnt realistic.....

Everton have done well but I cant see it lasting till the end of the season. You have been lucky with pratically no injuries and Moyes has got the team very organised. All this talk of top 4 finishes though I think is a little premature.

Everton will have a bad run, it is just how they recover from it that will be interesting.

Hats off though for the 1st half of the season.

Well done the Blues and long may it continue.  If we can keep it together through Xmas and get a few good signing in January (if this Fortress money ever arrives) then I dont see any reason why a European place isnt realistic.....

I wouldn't disagree with that sentiment.

I think a Europen place is entirely realistic. But TBH I think it will be because of a top 6 finish rather than a top 3/4.

The joy of football, you just never know.......

The question is not who shall we buy but who will be available.....theres not many around at the moment.

In terms of strikers...Beattie/McCarthy???

Midfield....Kopumas/Davis/Parker??

And that is if the money every turns up...worst part about our good start to the season is that the pressure has come off Uncle Bill!! There are still a lot of unanswered questions regarding the rooney/Kings Dock/groundshare fiasco....he wouldnt be getting quite the easy ride that he is at the moment. Cmon the Fortress fund...show us the colour of your money! And make sure its used to buy players not just buy Bill out and keep the bank happy....

Shill - I hope you eat your words & humble pie. I dont think any of us little Toffees are expecting greatness - we are just happy to be where we are. You guys are all so sore - ouch, does it hurt? good!

Why fix what isn't broken? Everton are ace as they are, just keep the money in the bank, get some interest and buy some new players at the end of the season. Guess it doesn't work like that though..

Why fix what isn't broken? Everton are ace as they are, just keep the money in the bank, get some interest and buy some new players at the end of the season. Guess it doesn't work like that though..

we deffo need to strengthen the squad in january, remember 2 seasons ago? we didnt strengthen and slipped away. also now the likes of cahill & kilbane are getting close to 5 bookings, whilst the bench is ok to cover at the moment there`s not alot left after that if we do pick up a few injuries

Dont get me wrong thebees, I would love to see Everton finish top 4 this season it would at least mean that the so called top clubs arent guaranteed top 4 every year which is great for the premiership. I just dont see it happening. Unfortunately in most cases money talks in football.

I think Moyes has done a fantastic job with the players he's got. I just dont see Everton sustaining the consistency they have had so far this season.

I don't see why Everton cannot finish 4th. Chelsea, Arsenal and Man Utd are teams with bigger squads and perhaps more quality than the blues have (although maybe not glancing casually at the table!) Even if the blues were to be beaten by the 'big three' I'm sure that we could hold off the challenge of Villa and Middlesborough.

As for the reds, haha, say hello to 7th or 8th place!!

I don't see why Everton cannot finish 4th. Chelsea, Arsenal and Man Utd are teams with bigger squads and perhaps more quality than the blues have (although maybe not glancing casually at the table!) Even if the blues were to be beaten by the 'big three' I'm sure that we could hold off the challenge of Villa and Middlesborough.

As for the reds, haha, say hello to 7th or 8th place!!

Your cockiness is going to make it extra funny when (or if) the wheels finally come off. Having said that, if Everton do make the top 6, Moyes should definitely get Manager of the Year.

How odd that when Everton claim to be going for a Champions League spot it is cockiness...and yet when Man U or Liverpool say it then it shows their determination. I am more than happy with the start of the season and how it has wiped the smirk of some really smug faces at the start of the season (Rodney Marsh you t*sspot).

If it all falls apart over Xmas then so be it...its just refreshing to see a team at the top who hasnt spent 100s of millions buying a team....

Archived