2nd And Not Budging

blue kipper

If it all falls apart over Xmas then so be it...its just refreshing to see a team at the top who hasnt spent 100s of millions buying a team....

Totally agree with you there. And if Everton do qualify for the Champions League it will be a tremendous achievement. However, with less than half a season gone it does seem to be a bit cocky (on bk's part) to dismiss everyone else's chances of beating them to the line. I know it's a cliche but there's a long way to go yet.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK OK I wasn't trying to be 'cocky' but if you look at the form of Villa, Boro, Bolton etc then they seem to be able to win games but not consistently do well over a period of weeks. Everton have had a couple of bad results (loss to Spurs, Chelsea - although that was expected) but in my mind we have held together well as a team and proved a lot of people wrong.

If and when it all goes wrong ,I will be quite prepared to eat some humble pie, bit for now that can be Mark Lawrenson's job, pessimistic red sh*te that he is, for witing Everton off before every single game in his predictions and then getting it all wrong come 4.50. Haha.

I'm just glad to be able to bask in some previosuly never-enjoyed glory with EFC.

Archived