Huge Original Oil Painting For Sale: 3m X 1.51m

Jayavarman II

For Sale: A huge original oil painting

On my last trip to Cambodia I was stunned to find a very impressive painting from one of the roadside stalls close to Angkor Wat (I find most of the art work in Cambodia is of poor quality).

The painting is a copy of a carving on the walls of Angkor I think it can be found on the Bayon temple in ancient city of Angkor Thom. It depicts the Khmer King leading out his army on a parade on top of a war elephant.

The painting is a massive 3m x 1.51m. & I decided to take a chance & buy it hoping that it would fill the length my dining room wall. After what seemed like a lifetime of haggling we finally agreed upon a price.

Transporting the painting back to the Isle of Man was quite a challenge, despite being rolled up & with 5 flights to catch (I told the customs men it was a rocket launcher, oh how we laughed). When I finally arrived back on “the rock” I had it put on a stretcher frame, & getting it home found it to be 5cm to long DOH!

Rather than cutting the painting down & not having any other suitable wall space I have reluctantly decided to sell. It would make a great talking piece (if you any wall space big enough). It would look spectacular in a hotel reception, restaurant or boardroom.

Anybody who collects original art will know just how expensive it can be. A piece of this size is rarely sold.

I am asking for £1000 & can arrange delivery.

Please reply if you want to arrange to come and view it,

Steve.

2671271449_cc241591db_o.jpg

Picture 1: Taken in Cambodia

2672119636_8847f3cb3d_o.jpg

Picture 2: Taken at home, but difficult to take due to scale of painting,layout of room & the lighting is all wrong.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived