[BBC News] Arsonists set fire to wheelie bin

Newsbot

Wheelie bins and the rubbish they behold should not be left in lanes anyway.

These arsonists usually strike at night when everybody is asleep. One day a wheelie bin will be set alight and then it will burn a load of flats after setting light to the central heating oil tank or something.

Years ago before these infernal things were forced on us, we always kept our rubbish within the curtilage of our properties. Now you can't even drive a fire engine down some of these back lanes because of the wheelie bins which will be a bit ironic really considering it is their presence in the first place that might cause the fire engines to come along to save all those people who are burning and inhaling smoke whilst they are asleep.

Still, some would say better to die in your sleep rather than on a fire escape landing if you are lucky enough to have a fire escape that is.

So it's not all bad news.

"Detectives said the bin was set alight in Douglas, which in turn ignited three other bins and spread to a nearby garage, in the early hours."

Detectives ? I don't think you need a detective to figure out that setting fire to dustbins is probably the work of a few twelve year olds

Serial arsonists tend to go for something more spectacular

Could it have been that garden bench that caused a crash last week?

Lock em up I say, bloody renegade furniture, where will it all end?

its the attack of the garden gnomes, there everywhere, thay want to take over the world,

first the bench got it, it seen what the gnomes were up to, it had to go,

and well the bin, if i told you what he did we have to finish u off as well

regards the gnome king

"Detectives said the bin was set alight in Douglas, which in turn ignited three other bins and spread to a nearby garage, in the early hours."

Detectives ? I don't think you need a detective to figure out that setting fire to dustbins is probably the work of a few twelve year olds

I was thinking it could also just as easily have been someone emptying the ashtray and putting the bin out last thing before they went to bed. If these people are smokers they should be brought in for interrogation - especially if they've got a dog, or look obese in any way.

I was thinking it could also just as easily have been someone emptying the ashtray and putting the bin out last thing before they went to bed. If these people are smokers they should be brought in for interrogation - especially if they've got a dog, or look obese in any way.

or own a hammer

At 2am it should not be 12 year olds, but regardless of the time of day a couple of kids playing with matches for a laugh is not that funny.

At 2am it should not be 12 year olds, but regardless of the time of day a couple of kids playing with matches for a laugh is not that funny.

I agree, especially when you consider the events of August 3, 1973. Two kids playing with matches caused the deaths of at least 50 people and injured as many as 100 more. Every fire appliance on the island fought the blaze that they started.

Archived