[BBC News] Gas customers face new price hike

Newsbot

22% -

(http://www.manxgas.com/news-HTMLS/News-Detail.asp?NewsID=30) Natural Gas by 1.32 pence per unit (kWh) and LPG by 0.64 pence per unit (kWh) from 1st August.

For domestic central heating customers in the Douglas area using natural gas, prices will increase from 5.863 pence per unit to 7.183 pence. For Towns Gas domestic central heating customers, prices will increase from 7.947 to 8.587 pence per unit and for LPG Community customers the rise will be 7.047 to 7.687 pence per unit.

Bloody hell. Thankfully I'm on LPG.

Why? LPG is more expensive to start with. Even with the rises natural gas customers are paying less per unit.

i think? a unit of LPG actually has more 'energy' in it though. it's like comparing cows milk to goats milk. it is milk but not the same in fat content or nutrition etc.

In broad terms, the price of crude oil is irrelevant to the price of gas and this is just another example of organisations jumping on the 'high oil price' bandwagon in order to extract more money from the consumer and thereby raise profit margins with the minimum of effort.

In broad terms, the price of crude oil is irrelevant to the price of gas and this is just another example of organisations jumping on the 'high oil price' bandwagon in order to extract more money from the consumer and thereby raise profit margins with the minimum of effort.

Are you sure? I just looked on the FT's website to see the prices the companies are paying - it's rising just like oil.

I expect that their new slogan will be, "Manx Gas - Winners All The Way."

"Riding the Padgett's Manx Gas Racing Honda, McGuinness was embroiled in a titanic battle......"

Interestingly, I can now find no trace of news of sponsorship on the Manx Gas website (despite their very heavy presence this year at the TT, S100, etc) where this image used to appear.

2-IMGP7518.JPG

We can't afford the rate it is, prior to it going up. It will go inline nicely I suppose, with the extortionate rent we're paying also. Which I might add, has just gone up too! The islands economy has gone crazy, catering for one class of person only.

The rich are getting richer & the poorer are getting poorer.

The ordinary everyday working man, is getting overlooked completely, in every aspect....... :angry:

Bloody hell. Thankfully I'm on LPG.

Why? LPG is more expensive to start with. Even with the rises natural gas customers are paying less per unit.

i think? a unit of LPG actually has more 'energy' in it though. it's like comparing cows milk to goats milk. it is milk but not the same in fat content or nutrition etc.

Unit's are calculated from the calorific value though, so there's no advantage to the consumer.

I thought at bills per quarter you had 4 standings charges per year..then I thought they went to every 8 weeks which would make it 6 standing charges per year...or at least I'm that's what happened when I was in PSM..

Archived