Letter In Todays Times

bluemonday

Sir, I have just received from my old school the periodic newsletter summarising its activities and achievements. The headmaster rightly praises the members of staff responsible for increased academic success and quotes from a press release from the Department for Children, Schools and Families. This addresses teachers with the words: “As leading knowledge navigators you are mission critical to achieving robust and effective discharge pathways from the secondary phase of the intensive learning scenario.”

I can think of one very effective “discharge pathway” for convoluted waffle of this sort.

Andrew Telford

Haywards Heath, W Sussex

“As leading knowledge navigators you are mission critical to achieving robust and effective discharge pathways from the secondary phase of the intensive learning scenario.”

Oh dear.

“As leading knowledge navigators you are mission critical to achieving robust and effective discharge pathways from the secondary phase of the intensive learning scenario.”

I would guess a rough translation being:

"Seeing as you are a good school, I think you should try to make sure your pupils do well so as to show you are better then the common riff raff in the public secondary education schools" :whistling:

Jargon-----language of an in crowd designed to exclude the uninitiated---id-10-t speak.

Jargon usually crops up when people with a specific task hang around each other and nobody else for a long time. The people involved don't realize that their terminology sounds ridiculous to observers because their only observers are each other.

Jargon-----language of an in crowd designed to exclude the uninitiated---id-10-t speak.

Jargon usually crops up when people with a specific task hang around each other and nobody else for a long time. The people involved don't realize that their terminology sounds ridiculous to observers because their only observers are each other.

The catholic church springs to mind with their insistence on Latin.

Much as the church in the dark ages with their banning of reading among the general population.

The legal system.

Tynwald.

All designed to keep us proles down.

Archived