The "we're Doomed" Convention

Amadeus

Scientists to confer on global catastrophic risks

A group of scientists from around the world will hold a first of its kind conference Thursday on global catastrophic risks, according to media report Wednesday.

They will discuss what should be done to prevent these risks from becoming realities that could lead to the end of human life on Earth as we know it.

Scientists at the four-day event at Oxford University in Britain will talk about topics including nuclear terrorism and what to do if a large asteroid were to be on a collision course with the Earth.

On the last day of the Global Catastrophic Risk Conference, experts will focus on what could be the unintended consequences of new technologies, such as super intelligent machines that, if ill-conceived, might cause the demise of Homosapiens.

http://www.global-catastrophic-risks.com/

I told you - we're doomed - and now even the smart people talk about it! If anyone needs me, I'll be in my bunker watching the webcast - way too risky to travel there...

Every mammal on this planet instinctively develops a natural equilibrium with its surrounding environment, but you humans do not. You move to an area and you multiply, and multiply until every natural resource is consumed. The only way you can survive is to spread to another area. There is another organism on this planet that follows the same pattern. Do you know what it is? A virus. Human beings are a disease, a cancer of this planet. You are a plague, - Agent Smith

Cue the Dolphins.

Scientists to confer on global catastrophic risks

They will discuss what should be done to prevent these risks from becoming realities that could lead to the end of human life on Earth as we know it.

I'm betting that the DHSS and Eddie Teare are praying that some local catastrophic event or other will change demographic trends and thus resolve the ageing population issue without them having to make a decision.

Archived