[BBC News] Manx jail's tough stance on drugs

Newsbot

How many of you have been directly effected by people in prison taking drugs? If they are taking street drugs it will save the government money in the long run as they will not need to provide as many 'meds'. I wonder what the prescription bill for the prison is? prescription drugs are OK though, because they aren't sold by scousers in trackys they are sold by big corporations who can be trusted to have your best interest at heart. I do feel like I repeat myself a lot here, but, I still fail to see the devastating effects drugs are having on society yet half the prison population are there because of anti drug laws.

Thebees and her one man pro-drug campaign - rave on!

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How many of you have been directly effected by people in prison taking drugs? If they are taking street drugs it will save the government money in the long run as they will not need to provide as many 'meds'. I wonder what the prescription bill for the prison is? prescription drugs are OK though, because they aren't sold by scousers in trackys they are sold by big corporations who can be trusted to have your best interest at heart. I do feel like I repeat myself a lot here, but, I still fail to see the devastating effects drugs are having on society yet half the prison population are there because of anti drug laws.

(Just fancy a bit of aggravation today - Hi thebees) :lol:

I think they should have as many drugs as they can possibly take. Let them enjoy their life (as they want and understand it) as long as they don't interfere with society. If they're on benefits, then obviously they would have to forgo them, as it would be needed for provision for particular healthcare and funeral expenses.

(heehee, if this doesn't stir a hornets nest up, then I don't know what will)

drugs alone are not too much of a problem ( except for my taxes paying for their health care that is self inflicted, same for smokers ) it is the crime that many of these wankers do to fund their drug habits that is the issue. i don't give a toss if some yuppy on 40k sniffs 10k up his nose. but the druggies that end up inside tend to be the skint jobless losers that won't earn a living in the first place and benefits can't support an expensive drug habit so crime is their way of extra income to pay for drugs. and that usually means theft ? at which point it IS a problem. why should my window get smashed and my TV and computer dissapear and put up my house insurance cos some cunt wants to get high? people at the lower end of income scale can't afford to have expensive hobbies. and i shouldn't be paying so they can.

...I still fail to see the devastating effects drugs are having on society...

Tell that to the family of some old woman mugged by a junkie for her pension money.

Tell that to the family of some old woman raped by a junkie when high.

Tell that to the family of some old woman murdered by a junkie for her pension money.

Tell that to the family of the son or daughter who became a junkie and died after watching then self destruct.

Tell that to the people in the UK who live on estates where they fear to go out at night due to the drug problem.

and

Tell that to the mother of the toddler who got a needle stuck in him after finding it tossed into the front garden and has just been told her baby is now HIV positive.

But of course non of the above can be classed as the devastating effects drugs are having on society van it?

Don't you mean one woman???

...I still fail to see the devastating effects drugs are having on society...

Tell that to the family of some old woman mugged by a junkie for her pension money.

Tell that to the family of some old woman murdered by a junkie for her pension money.

Tell that to the family of the son or daughter who became a junkie and died after watching then self destruct.

Tell that to the people in the UK who live on estates where they fear to go out at night due to the drug problem.

and

Tell that to the mother of the toddler who got a needle stuck in him after finding it tossed into the front garden and has just been told her baby is now HIV positive.

But of course non of the above can be classed as the devastating effects drugs are having on society van it?

You're a mental.

Fuck me that poor old woman has had a really shitty life :o

Fuck me that poor old woman has had a really shitty life :o

perhaps she should have been a junkie? life would seem so much better for her.....

When in prison they should be given no drugs whatsoever if those drugs are to treat a self inflicted drug habit. Full stop.

Let them detox in the quickest way possible, total abstinence, if that makes them suffer some discomfort or even massive amounts of pain and anxiety, so be it. At the least they are out of the way of society and people who work for a living and tend to keep themselves and their families without hand outs and charity.

I have absolutely no sympathy.

You might get hepatitis from a needle, not HIV.

So you're probably right KB

er ... I think its quite possible to get HIV from a junkies dirty needle. The partners of junkies being one of the biggest growing HIV positive populations in the UK and all that.

Archived