[BBC News] Manx jail's tough stance on drugs

Newsbot

You might get hepatitis from a needle, not HIV.

Except you can, and for ages it's been well known (and well publicised by health authorities) that shared syringes are a very efficient medium through which HIV can be transmitted

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You might get hepatitis from a needle, not HIV.

Except you can, and for ages it's been well known (and well publicised by health authorities) that shared syringes are a very efficient medium through which HIV can be transmitted

What happened to the answers to PK's occasional questions on the subject of infection rates in the IOM?

mother of the toddler who got a needle stuck in him after finding it tossed into the front garden and has just been told her baby is now HIV positive.

Go on, admit it. This pair were a figment of your imagination weren't they?

i seem to recall a few years back a teacher from that school by the multi story carpark on finch road got stabbed with a needle picking them up from the playground and got infected with something??. the junkies would meet in the carpark near the bridge to the museum and dump the used needles over the edge into the playground where the infants would be playing the next day. stupid useless fuckers.

Well i personally despise drug takers because the ammount of cr@p the cause to others, yes it maybe personal choice but the amount of people who get sucked into the side effects is massive.

What is needed really is to do what most people agree on here and that is cold turkey and no drugs to help the side effects.

The human body is able to function without the smack so make them pay, see it as pay back.

As for the New prison from what i was told from a friend who was up there during the build is the windows don't open they are like vents and the cells are very sound proof meaning no chatting to your mates in there to pass the time.

Also the place has hundreds of CCTV cameras and there is motion detectors in the ground that detect anyone trying to sneak about outside.

He was telling me that they idiots have no chance of bringing it in :D

I believe several of you missed the point in what I was trying to put across, i.e. drugs do cause suffering to more than the drug user and most of them innocent victims.

I believe several of you missed the point in what I was trying to put across, i.e. drugs do cause suffering to more than the drug user and most of them innocent victims.

You're right. Drugs can cause serious problems for all manner of fictional characters.

You're right. Drugs can cause serious problems for all manner of fictional characters.

I do hope you are one of those

Archived