Empty Houses

FCMR

also i am self employed so i don't worry about my job lol unlike some others.

Yeah, awesome train of thought.

'Hey, if everyone else loses their job and has no money, I'll be ok as nobody can fire my ass. Oh hang on, nobody can afford to hire me. Bugger'

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yeah very true mission i agree with 100% of what you are saying m8, but i would rather be self-employed and debt free than in debt.

Alan Bell said 2 years ago to tighten your belts and i don't think anyone listened to him.

i personally think we are going to see a lot of negative equity in these houses, people are panic buying just to get on the ladder.

i must be cutting near the bone for a few on here thats why i got the response i did.

well i say to them get yourself some hair dye because you are going to have grey hair before me lol.

Hey Ans 'how you doin?' playin out on the 8th? ha haa "help the homeless?" "oh yes, get a job and buy a house, the only help the lazy gits need IMHO' yeah am humble - humble as xxxx munkys-you didn't call when you said you would, do you lie? do you yrt? PET SHOP BOYS PET SHOP BOYS xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx 4eva real xz x z z xvsgsdufycgwrkuycgvuklwryg la laaaaaa land

Optimists (positive people) will always see an economic depression as a time of renewal (and new, low cost, opportunities). They also always get out of a boom early because they only believe in buying cheap. Pessimists often come too late to a boom and get burned.

I've already lived through several boom - bust cycles. The end of a boom is always depressing on the High Street. It's the point when all the late - boom - crap, which was offered for sale in the boutiques when people had too much credit, ends up in the £1 equivalent shops. (Though personally I mark the start of the down cycle as the point when the normal shops are too full of rubbish which no reasonable person would want - the stuff which you know will be remaindered - and silly gadget shops start to open).

The point about any bust is that it inevitably marks the start of a new boom. The residential property market tends to lag about 5 years behind business confidence, in my experience, so far.

House prices on the IOM have not yet hit their new low and won't for several years ****IMO*******.

In the seventies we had a boom, those in work bought houses at high prices, but when the boom ended, many were out of work, the Coroner moved in and sold many houses off to pay depts. An example being was in the block of flats that I lived in, a girl paid 13500 for a flat which ended up being sold at the Coroners auction for 1800.

what is funny that some people seem to think that it will not happen again, i think that if you have that view of life then i think you are very foolish.

i know a friend who went to dubai and he said that they are building a lot of office blocks for when the oil money goes.

maybe they are going to become a tax haven they have nothing to lose i guess.

FCMR is right in what he says if you have ever have talked to one of the old coroners they will tell you stuff about what went on.

makes you wonder don't it, i bet they have no anti money laundering down there.

interesting website i wonder how long it will be before some companies from over here find themselves over there ?

My mates Son and several of his work mates are being transfered there in the New Year from a very well known high street Bank.

And its correct Dubai has undertaken a massive building program, offices, houses, roads and major transport links, it has also built one of the most modern treatment plants that turns waste into energy and that include human xxxx.

And they also have the attraction of good weather all year round.

makes you wonder don't it, i bet they have no anti money laundering down there.

interesting website i wonder how long it will be before some companies from over here find themselves over there ?

Ultimately though in order to do business with the rest of the world they will need to be regulated. Jumping around from jurisdiction to jursidcition is only a short term solution. In any event if companies only move because they are scared of regulation then do we need their business in the first place. The bucket shop offshore company days are long gone and we will be better off for it in the long run. Problem is that the FSC need to know when to stop...power corrupts etc etc...

Archived