[BBC News] Residents warned over e-mail scam

Newsbot

If we had a new thread for every single hoax email from a bank, we'd be inundated. They're not different, they're not unique, they all follow exactly the same pattern. If something brand new and unheard of materialised, then sure, people need to be made aware in general terms but a standard 'give us your details' email isn't breaking new ground.

The people who fall for this type of scam are going to fall for it regardless of whatever thread you post on the internet.

I would like to start researching the consequences of these bogus emails.

To start I need some bank details. Could someone please pm their account details (including the security code on the back of their card) and I'll get started.

Together we can fight this menace.....

If we had a new thread for every single hoax email from a bank, we'd be inundated. They're not different, they're not unique, they all follow exactly the same pattern. If something brand new and unheard of materialised, then sure, people need to be made aware in general terms but a standard 'give us your details' email isn't breaking new ground.

The people who fall for this type of scam are going to fall for it regardless of whatever thread you post on the internet.

If only Newsbot wasn't an automated process...

I see from the article they say anyone who has received them should get in touch. I have about 45 I'll gladly forward to them

Archived