[BBC News] Youths warned over river swimming

Newsbot

Young people on the Isle of Man are being reminded of the dangers of ...

please fill in today's brilliant thought by the health + safety team - you know it is for your benefit that our taxes kept these people enslaved to their desks.

The threat to swimmers at rivers would be the lower than expected temperature of the water and the risk of shock setting in, also undercurrents and slippery rocks.

Nothing wrong with reminding people to be careful, nobody has banned swimming in rivers, just warned of the dangers.

The threat to swimmers at rivers would be the lower than expected temperature of the water and the risk of shock setting in, also undercurrents and slippery rocks.

Nothing wrong with reminding people to be careful, nobody has banned swimming in rivers, just warned of the dangers.

so, just the same as the sea then WITHOUT the raw sewage?? we haven't been told of the dangers of swimming in the sea, but the cleaner rivers are worth a mention. we'll be getting walking lessons soon.

Does anyone remember the little lake/quarry thing near Peel - I think it was alongside a path towards Patrick from the harbour but I'm not sure? I remember being told that it was dangerous in there and never got up the courage / stupidity to try it for myself, though I think I used to throw rocks in it.

Did anyone go swimming in there? Was it dangerous )perhaps because it was full of rocks)?

BBC is kinda looking after us. Good ol' Auntie Beeb.

And of course the likes of Jonathan Ross using foul langiage and informing us of things like his masturbatory fantasies, and then there is good ol' Chrissy Moyles telling us about looking at toilet paper after we use it - all good entertaining stuff really. And Graham Norton? yeah well, he's just being naughty inne?.

The BBC are certainly getting a bit of ground here on the Isle of Man these days.

BBC mission

To enrich people's lives with programmes and services that inform, educate and entertain.

Certainly BBC Newsbot provides great entertainment, I'll give it that.

...and my contribution to this thread? Yeah mate, pretty negative, but there again I don't lift a few £million a year to do otherwise.

I walked up to a spot up the river from sulby claddaghs, found a well nice spot to jump in.

I wish someone had told me how cold it was before I jumped though, I thought I was going to die of pneumonia and emphysema right there and then.

Still a brilliant weekend though, no doubt.

I can see where the powers that be are coming from on this one.

I was at sulby fishing and at the back of Juan Knights there is a weir, well it was at some time or other, all that's there now is lots of dangerous steel sticking up out of the water and below the water.

Also you can catch weils disease from the rivers and banks.

It will probably be an arse-covering exercise following the death of a child in the UK last/this week.

If anything happens over here, the Govt can go "we did say it was dangerous" thus firmly putting the blame on the anyone else apart from themselves......

Archived