[BBC News] Burglary attempt at garage foiled

Newsbot

Read an article recently which I found interesting.

Within the next ten to twenty years, crime will be virtually non-existent in America. Advances in forensic technologies, including Global Positioning Systems (GPS), infrared photography, digital video systems, gene mapping, DNA analysis and nanotechnology will eliminate over 90 percent of murders, rapes, thefts, drug trafficking and other felonies.

The ability to create video recordings of every inch of public space will soon be available at a minimal cost. Private businesses and individuals will be the first to use this technology to protect themselves, their families and their property. Law enforcement will make use of records made by the public to solve almost every crime. There is a day coming when would be criminals may commit crimes but simply won’t be able to keep from getting caught. The message to criminals will simply be you can run but you can’t hide.[end quote]

Can't wait :)

like?

Well for starters I'm not particularly fussed when a local filling station has an attempted burglary perpetrated upon it. Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't condone such behaviour and good luck to the constabulary making a decent fist of things and the miscreants getting their collars well and truly felt but between that and a clean getaway is of no consequence to me............ ; ))

Police on the Isle of Man are investigating an attempted burglary at a filling station in Douglas.

Source : http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/rss/-/1/hi/world/...man/7534157.stm

Can't wait :)

Maybe you have an irrational fear of crime.

I don't like crime, do you?

There are quite a few I don't have a problem with.

like?

Well for starters I'm not particularly fussed when a local filling station has an attempted burglary perpetrated upon it. Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't condone such behaviour and good luck to the constabulary making a decent fist of things and the miscreants getting their collars well and truly felt but between that and a clean getaway is of no consequence to me............ ; ))

I'm fussed and sincerely hope that they get arrested sooner rather than later, so that they can't attempt or succeed in further acts of crime against other people or property.

Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't condone such behaviour and good luck to the constabulary making a decent fist of things and the miscreants getting their collars well and truly felt but between that and a clean getaway is of no consequence to me............ ; ))

I don't understand.

I don't understand.

Why not?

Just talking shit and tripe as per usual.

Your confessional honesty is refreshing but we already knew that - you rarely do anything but.

I think he/she means that they don't care because it doesn't directly affect them.

I could be wrong of course.

You're sort of right I suppose. But I was trying to respond to Manxy's very sweeping and general reference to Crime and my affection thereof, whilst trying to keep it relevant to the thread. I should perhaps have used different examples such as recreational drug use crime or cycling on the pavement crime or drink driving crime you know, things like that. I bet Manxy's got a law breaking skeleton in the closet which s/he has no problem with protecting from the long arm of the law. Which is after all, an ass. ; ))

I don't understand.

Why not?

Well, because you say between something and something else but don't mention the somethings.

You normally have a very good point to put across, but you just don't always put it across.

Archived