[BBC News] Burglary attempt at garage foiled

Newsbot

I would imagine there will be huge privacy issues in America if that is indeed the case. But im with you Manxy in that i look forward to a day when crime is a problem solved.

As for not having problems with certain crimes, the idea of 'innocent crimes' so to speak riding push bikes might be a very minor infrigment of the law hardly worth chasing up, and recreational drug use might seem harmless to you but how can you put Drink driving in the same sentence? Drink driving is a major issue that ruins lives! are you seriously saying that you condone drinking and driving in the same way you would riding on the pavement? or did you slip that in a some sort of test to see if people are paying attention? Drink driving is despicable and should not be talked about in such a casual way.

As for recreational drug use, thats your call, im a tee-totaller and as such hardly feel qualified to comment on that one im not even sure what you mean by 'recreational' (i dont need to know either)

like?

Well for starters I'm not particularly fussed when a local filling station has an attempted burglary perpetrated upon it. Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't condone such behaviour and good luck to the constabulary making a decent fist of things and the miscreants getting their collars well and truly felt but between that and a clean getaway is of no consequence to me............ ; ))

I take it from that statement if a couple of members here saw a someone kicking shit out of you on the floor one saturday night in Strand St you wouldn't mind them just walking off as it is of no consequence to them

You're sort of right I suppose. But I was trying to respond to Manxy's very sweeping and general reference to Crime and my affection thereof, whilst trying to keep it relevant to the thread. I should perhaps have used different examples such as recreational drug use crime or cycling on the pavement crime or drink driving crime you know, things like that. I bet Manxy's got a law breaking skeleton in the closet which s/he has no problem with protecting from the long arm of the law. Which is after all, an ass. ; ))

I'm taking the major issue you raised and although I'm not trying to make it personal to you, I am making a general personal point.

Driving whilst under the influence of drink or drugs is like going out armed with a dangerous weapon. People who are stupid enough to drive whilst under the influence of drink deserve the full penalty of the law and whether they face financial loss, loss of home, partner, whatever, doesn't make me feel sorry for the offender, others yes (if they had no part to play in the offence), but not the perpetrator of the crime, as it was their personal and idiotic decision in the first place. Injuring or killing someone after the decision to foolishly drive home and then saying your sorry, I didn't mean to do it, etc, etc, is a load of rubbish and of course too late.

In this day and age, there's always an alternative to drink driving and the main one is don't do it in the first place or you face the consequences, as illustrated many times on television or through radio broadcasts. Act responsible, get a taxi, stay at a friends house, get someone to pick you up are a few answers, but at the end of the day, don't drive whilst under the influence, as someones life could depend on it.

(Before anyone asks, No, I'm not a PC)

Hmm, I see the law isn't the only ass around here, lol,lol......... ; ))

Very decent of you to consider and confirm yourself as an ass keyboarder.

BTW Manxy with you all the way there gal

who writes this garbage, "burglary foiled" - by a locked door ! - aint that what they are supposed to do ?

and who in their right mind would park their car in direct view of cameras if they had intended to rob the place, sounds like a late night stupid (drunken ?) action of someone looking for fuel and surprised the filling station was closed and venting their anger on the nearest thing they come on

Archived