Xbox Live

WilDDog

I'm connected to xbox, live but at the end of a game in cod4 my connection seems to be pretty dire compared to others. Do I need to forward any ports to get a better connection, or are the players with great connections on great connection?

I'm connected to xbox, live but at the end of a game in cod4 my connection seems to be pretty dire compared to others. Do I need to forward any ports to get a better connection, or are the players with great connections on great connection?

Do the NAT test in the settings blade, it'll tell you if you need to do anything to your router. If your router has upnp you might want to turn that on.

I've found the dire connection has more to do with the adsl network 'upgrades' than any sort of local connection, i.e. Manx Telecom suck absolute shitty arse.

This router (3com, borrowed it to test )doesn't seem to have upnp my netgear has it but this router gives me a better connection speed, so the guy isn't getting it back until I decide which new router I'm going to buy :).

Cheers ai_droid.

This router (3com, borrowed it to test )doesn't seem to have upnp my netgear has it but this router gives me a better connection speed, so the guy isn't getting it back until I decide which new router I'm going to buy :).

Cheers ai_droid.

If you find your test says you're on restricted nat, here's the ports you need to forward:

• UDP 88

• UDP 3074

• TCP 3074

Glad I spotted this topic, I'll look into it later on too. I take it you guys have had no end of trouble playing over Live then?

I've been on the lowest connection out of everyone on every game I played on cod4.

Are you using a wireless adapter for the 360?

I was, but now I'm using homeplugs, there's not much difference between them, home plugs are slightly better.

Archived