[BBC News] New operator to run Douglas tip

Newsbot

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good luck to all the Tels personell who will be leaving. They have always been very helpful and cheerful to me , even during the period of uncertainy over their future. Many thanks from an ordinary householder who finds the facility to be extremely convenient and welcomes the opportunity to recycle, albeit in a small way at the moment.

Good luck to all the Tels personell who will be leaving. They have always been very helpful and cheerful to me , even during the period of uncertainy over their future. Many thanks from an ordinary householder who finds the facility to be extremely convenient and welcomes the opportunity to recycle, albeit in a small way at the moment.

:lol:

Apart from the miserable jock who won't let anyone recycle and is about as helpful as a retarded chimp

But not as good looking

A refuse tip in Douglas will close for a day to allow new operators to take over the running of the site.

Source : http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/rss/-/1/hi/world/...man/7534771.stm

When will people in the media stop calling civic amenity sites 'tips'?

No wonder it is difficult to find a

site for one in the north of the island.

Because 'civic ammenity site' sounds poncy - its a tip or a dump.

When will people in the media stop calling civic amenity sites 'tips'?

Or the 'Energy from Waste Plant' an 'incinerator'?

Or warehouses in Jurby "Full of shit"?

Or the IRIS plant a sewage works?

Apart from the miserable jock who won't let anyone recycle and is about as helpful as a retarded chimp

But not as good looking

I've actually always found the swetty sock to be ok.

I was once looking in the scrap metal skip and had the lot of them watching over me as if I was about to rob them of their life savings. Even the woman at the entrance was hands on hips glaring at me.

St Johns is an excellent place for recycling although the Rushen tip personnel can be a wee bit fascististic.

I had a bit of a to do with the lady at the tip some months ago. A queue of traffic right back to the power station because she was dealing with a van in the line of traffic instead of asking the driver to pull over to the weighbridge so she could deal with him there and let the other punters through. I think she actually threatened me with some form of legal sanction (arrest or something) because I tried to walk just inside the gates to the re-cycling area to leave the stuff I had brought, to which my reply was something like 'feck off, I'll keep me cardboard for another day'. There was no danger of being run over as, through that lady's efforts, absolutely no vehicles were moving!

Other than that incident, I thought the tip operated fine. Although there was a bit of change just after the new Capability Brown effort opened next to the power station, at first there were signs saying the staff don't lift things, a little later there were signs saying the staff were happy to help, and they were. I suspect the disagreement had been long running and pretty entrenched.

Archived