Far Too Easy

Grianane

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Steady on - it's just a car.

Cool! Can I nick yours and burn it?

If your girlfriend has dumped you and is playing you and her latest beau against each other, you are easily led and need to choose your friends more wisely and it is about time you grew up then yes you could if I had a car. Which I don't. You could always torch your car though.

http://www.manxradio.com/readNEwsItem.aspx?id=23842

What happened to the good old hanging judge, this guy should be serving time not community service. Perhaps if he was seen actually doing something in his community - where his actions were able to be recognised as punishment, but this is just a joke.

I don't see what the problem is. Its only crimminal damage. Nicked a car, and slashed some tyres which he paid for. Keys were in the ignition of the car he nicked ( = stupidity)

'It's only crimminal damage'. I know Keyborer is a troll, but I fear you're being serious.

He STOLE a car, drove it around without a licence (or insurance), then set FIRE to it. For dessert he slashed his girlfriend's car tyres.

He's 18, and the sort of lowlife who - I have little doubt - will leave a constant trail of hurt and destruction behind him, and probably be a drain on the state for the rest of his wasteful life.

NOW was the time to remind him of his responsibilities to society, with a short, sharp shock - but he seems to have been able to turn on the remorse and get a soft sentence. Remember his name - I'm sure it won't be the last time he's given a last chance.

Not clear how many vehicles are involved here, one or two. What were the circumstances behind these actions?

I have to say, I am not in favour of imprisoning people unless the crime is so heinous they deserve to be banished by society or are a risk to the safety and well being of an orderly society.

I think community service with a nice hi-viz vest is just the ticket!! Degrading treatment is what is needed, not locking away with no real expectation of reform, but lots of expense and recidivism. Community service is really just the 21st century's equivalent of the stocks; it is a chance for 'society' to gain some compensation for the ne'erdowell's actions. It is also an opportunity for society to see what petty criminals (ie non-injurious) look like and what could happen to your own if you let them run off the rails.

Keys were in the ignition of the car he nicked ( = stupidity)

So if your wallet is in your pocket and you get mugged, your stupid?

I hate that crap!

I should be able to leave my keys in the ignition. If it gets nicked its not my fault it's the twat that nicked it, shoot the fucker.

If my front door is not locked its not my fault if I get robbed it's the theif who robbed me, shoot him to.

I'm happy that I trust people.

I think community service with a nice hi-viz vest is just the ticket!! Degrading treatment is what is needed, not locking away with no real expectation of reform, but lots of expense and recidivism. Community service is really just the 21st century's equivalent of the stocks; it is a chance for 'society' to gain some compensation for the ne'erdowell's actions. It is also an opportunity for society to see what petty criminals (ie non-injurious) look like and what could happen to your own if you let them run off the rails.

But everyone wears 'hi-viz' vests these days. They are an essential fashion accessory. I have never seen anyone doing community service.

Sorry, short period in jail is the only solution.

Archived