Electricity Up

bluemonday

But part of the rise is a direct result of the MEA's loans affair with Tynwald having approved staged increases of inflation plus two cent as part of a rescue package back in June 2005.

assholes

assholes

assholes

Someone needs shooting, urgently

Soon, we'll all only be working for bills. I'm telling you - Venezuela, it's the future....

"It will add just under £67 to the annual bill of a householder using a standard 3,300 units per year, taking the total to about £477, based on a standard domestic rate. "

Is it just me that thinks that sounds low. If this is what they claim the new average will be after the 16% hike, then our house is using way too much electricity considering we are out all day.

£50 a month here (pre hike) for a very standard house with me mrs and 2 year old in it. Got low energy bulbs throughout and those remote things from B&Q to put stuff off standby at night. I really can't beliwve the figures they quote in that article reflect the true amounts people are paying.

"It will add just under £67 to the annual bill of a householder using a standard 3,300 units per year, taking the total to about £477, based on a standard domestic rate. "

It's half our leccy bill, and we're pretty careful. I wonder if the average bills been calculated including empty houses, that'd bring it right down.

But part of the rise is a direct result of the MEA's loans affair with Tynwald having approved staged increases of inflation plus two cent as part of a rescue package back in June 2005.

Under no circumstances, IMO, should any of these monies have been added to our bills until the enquiry was over.

Mine's around £300 for me and the missus. Bosh!

There's five of us, Herr Tatlock hasn't managed to cut off my nuts yet!

Pah! So all your ramblings about saving the planet, all your ramblings about the savings in emissions you hope to make, are just to get your family back to the levels produced by a two child family - especially when you consider what that third child will go on to produce in terms of emissions.

You eco-criminal you. Whilst all the time the best thing to control your 'emissions' has been available in chemists or via a simple operation on the NHS.

It's half our leccy bill, and we're pretty careful. I wonder if the average bills been calculated including empty houses, that'd bring it right down.

The 3300 unit base is used by OFGEM as a 'standard' to allow various tariffs types to be directly compared. There's a whole load of other gumph about what's included or not included in the comparison and, in theory, it allows an 'apples to apples' comparison of different tariffs if a supplier wants to make claims about their prices against other suppliers. Bugger all use on the island.

Quoting it as an 'average' user is also a bit of a non-starter - most of us use more than that (see comments above) and what the hell would you base the average on - rooms, number of people, age of property? My own bill is around £600+ per annum but we do have to use the tumble dryer more than most (kids have eczema - can't put their stuff on the line) but I try to compensate by religiously turning off everything that's not being used - no stand-by, no Tv/computers flashing in an empty room.

I was down at the southern show - saw the DTI/MEA "Bright Ideas" stand and quite fancied the idea of getting one of those gizmos that reports on the household usage. It would be interesting to see the load, then pull the fuse to eldest son's room and watch the usage fall to 'bugger-all'!

Archived