Steam Packet Viking Crashes In Liverpool

TrueBlue

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Have a friend who was due to travel on this. Passengers have been offered an alternative on the overnight ferry from Heysham. As he was only due over for one night he asked for a refund instead. No go apparently as they've offered the Heysham option. Tw*ts.

Just heard a 'witness' on MR who said it appeared to be 'the wind' that blew them back into the dock where it bashed its' side.

They've just announced on MR there's an emergency at the airport too, with fire engines coming from Port Erin too.

Oh shit that means Tesco will be empty of food by 6pm

Get you lot, never had a little bump in your car? go on just imagine your car is a 200 million tonne boat and the road is a choppy sea, see how smart you are then eh? eh?

We aren't paid to not crash our cars :P:D

I wonder if this is the same master that was in charge when the Sea Express one had its little mishap??

nope, Snaefell's gone to Dublin

If i am reading the AIS Liverpool site correctly Snaefell has left Dublin her ETA Douglas 17.30. Looks if they are going to try and turn her round in half hour to take an 18.00 to Liverpool. Viking is still moored at landing stage.

Get you lot, never had a little bump in your car? go on just imagine your car is a 200 million tonne boat and the road is a choppy sea, see how smart you are then eh? eh?

A ship that big would probably displace all the water in the irish sea, and would 'crash' into everything by attracting by its gravitational force all the other ships that were anywhere near it.

Cars have steering wheels and engines, and you need a licence to prove you are competent to drive one - similar rules are applied to ships these days I believe.

A ship that big would probably displace all the water in the irish sea, and would 'crash' into everything by attracting by its gravitational force all the other ships that were anywhere near it.

Cars have steering wheels and engines, and you need a licence to prove you are competent to drive one - similar rules are applied to ships these days I believe.

sometimes the problem is the nut behind the wheel :)

Archived